ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodgy Airbag Warning Light...anyone

Has anyone out there had the problem I keep experiencing?

Basically the Airbag Warning Light came on a few months ago. It went into the dealer and they said something about the seatbelt tensioner. This weekend it has come on again.

I found this article: http://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_26081.htmlhttp://www.carsurvey.org/viewcomments_review_26081.html

which indicates its to do with seats being moved forward and backward and loosening the cable at the back of the seat. Anyone else had this happen, as it sounds well dodgy to me.

Stace

H22A7 Accord Type R

yeah i did, but i tilted the seat forwards and back again and it went off! lol! it was passenger seat. i checked underneath n everything seemed ok

Reading those comments it seems to be a widespread problem that dealers are useless..

I would take your car back to the dealership, its not worth risking getting an airbag in your face!

I had that problem and Renault took my car in to change the electrics under the seat to stop it from happening... not bad for a 02 car eh

Renault Laguna Coupe

Almost everyone gets this. Your dealer should have fixed it the first time as there is a tec-note telling them what the problem is. Its the wiring for the seatbelt pretensioners under the seat. Basically the wiring works loose causing the ECU to report a fault. Make sure they fix both driver and passenger sides.

H22A7 Accord Type R

think my car is due to go in for another niggles session anyway. Lets think.........tappet noise (which they prob wont do n e thing about), Airbag light, alloy centre caps sh*te fit, (think they will cover my tyre wear? lol), 2000rpm judder, although im not sure if this will class as a fault, maybe just an annoying flat spot? I must say tho, having now covered over 10000 miles, im convinced my engine is still loosening up a little! with all the town driving i do, my odd Scotland motorway trips seem to do the engine the world of good! Feels so much more free...........i like it!!!!!!!! :D So Renault, its coming back again! lol! Might also decide to go for the sunroof creaking fix..........does anyone know what they do to the car to fix it??? I didnt want to before as the car has to go into the bodyshop! which sounds scary to me!!!!!!!! Cheers all, Rob

Hmmm, thanks for that. It is booked in for next Friday but Ill have a look tonight.

I seem to be getting all the typical problems that everyone gets (water under seat, water in foglights, cambelt/pulley problem, airbag light - all repaired, and all without my dealer ever having come across them before).

I wonder whats next?

Stace

I had the same problem and if I look under my seats they have cut the wires, removed some wire and taped it back together with some black electrical tape. Looks a tad sh*te but the problem went away. However more recently the light occasionally comes on. Parked the other day on a slope and light came on when I got in car. Once car level it turned off again. Must be a loose connection.

I had this problem on my Mk2 172 which is only a couple of months old. Took it back to Renault with a few other problems (light washer jet balls and a wet boot) and they sorted it. It was a loose connection under the seats like many have said.

The light washer jets needed replacing as when used the pressure of the water popped the balls out of the sockets!!! there is a new design to this now but I still get a wet boot carpet floor which it is booked it in again for. On other web pages they say its from under the rear left wheel arch, I will wait and see what they do but will enjoy screwing the 1.2 courtesy car for a day or two :devilish:

I had the same problem, but it is mainly when its raining out, (most of the time) It needs a service anyhow, guess theyll sort it out their.

Rob my alloy centre caps are crap fit too, but they seem to of got worse, same for you? I feel a replacement will do the same..

Can anyone tell me how long the clios go in for when the airbag warning light comes in.

Whats the danger of me just pushing together any connectors under the seat I can see.

Renault say there is a failsafe so shoudnt explode in your face, it just wont work if you hit someone up the backside!! if the light is on at the time obviously.

Noel-Pilot,

They had the three jobs to do on mine which took about 5 hours. I bet its a 30 min job on its own if they looked at it straight away!

Rob your sunroof had the same prob with mine took it back they changed the the locking handle still does it now and again with the new one just turn your tunes up and you cant hear it! lol

Noel,

I did what you said and just pushed all the connectors back together and the light has gone off...but Im wondering if this is a good enough fix, or whether it still should go in to Renault for them to check it.

Where I live the garage isnt that nearby, so I hate having to go there every other day, but I suppose I better be safe!! Thing is, itll just happen again after a few days.

I expect problems with cars like this (especially french motors), but when theyve been in already for the same problem, its kind of annoying.

Stace

The Airbag light is still on in my 02 clio i was told that it is a common fault with the sensor under the seat really will have to have it fixed but every thing at renault dealers seems to take at least an hour to fix