ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dodgy clutch and gearbox

hey everyone this is my first post!

just wondering if anyone could tell me if my clutch n gearbox will be knackered soon, my clutch is sticky sometimes, i.e. it sticks down for a couple of seconds then pops back up.

my car also pops out of gear every so often

its a 1.4 RT. any help would be much appreciated:) cus i cant start making my clio nice till iv got all these little problems sorted:(

thanks

nigel

I will welcome you to the mad house as no-one else can be bothered!! 17 people have viewed this thread and nobody can be bothered to even say hi!!

Sorry i cant help you at all mate as im clueless when it comes to cars but im sure someone will be able to give you some advice! but welcome to the forum anyway!

Free BTTT for the newbie

P.s watch for the poke mate!

hey, i dont think you wanna see myc ar right now its fully standard until i fix all the little bits and bobs on it...

thanks for the reply

hmm ill have to wait and see if my clutch is fuked then.

If youre box is popping out of gear, Im afraid it doesnt look good.. Probably a selector problem.. So yes - Gearbox is probably on its way out mate...

How many miles has it done?

RT-Beast welcome, you will get a prompter answer to this type of question on exterior, power and mechanical part of forum. But it does sound like you will need a replacement box ar some point, but you would be as well topping it up with oil and carry on until it dies, whilst in the meantime keep your eye out for a box for her

its only done 55,000 miles but i think the previous owner ragged it quite a bitt...how much will it cost when my gearbox finaly dies???? thanx for the help

nigel

you could prob get one from a scrappy as there was plenty of clios with this box, 100-200 try locally or one of the internet firms, do a search for car breakers or reconditioned gearboxes

Volvo S60 T5

You gearbox sounds like it needs a set of syncro hubs fitted to it, a fairly big job, but a recon box from renault generally works out cheaper than having box repaired, as to you clutch replace that when you have the box done.

Not sure if the RT is similar to the 16v, but on mine it was popping out of just 3rd and 4th. Found to be one of the c-clips worn out on the lay shaft. Local garage managed to fix it without taking the whole box out. Cost 100, but still a lot less than a new box. It would be worth getting it checked out soon as it may be fixable at thr moment, later it will mean a new box..

Clio Williams2

My box has totally gone i think :( booked in at renault tommorow and ive not driven her since last sunday. Its been a pain for a while sometimes not going into 2nd. I was driving a bit hard down a country lane, im sure the top end power just wasnt there as usual, tried to select 3rd accelerating from a bend and it just wont go. carefully drove home with no 3rd gear, put my foot down once in 2nd gear and theres some nasty rattling from the gearbox :(.

Any1 have any idea how much im gonna have to pay (worst case scenario) for a recon box and fit at renault? the engine needs looking at too, keeps stalling on these cold mornings, i have to run it for 10 mins each morning, restarting upto 5 times as the idle drops right down to nothing :( its weird, has a mind of its own, revs will drop right down then might sudenly rev to 1500 / 2000 revs then stall :/ ?? I thinjk this is a computer / sensor problem, ive already replaced inlet air temp and water temp sensor but no joy. Mayaswell get ma heater motors fixed too and im sure engine mounts aint 100%, gonna be a dear do me thinks.