ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodo blue velvet

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I have given my arctic a good claying with dodo born slippy clay and lube, and then a good coat of blue velvet. Is it worth putting 2/3 coats of wax on? Just thinking of a bit of protection over the winter. Ive also bought a bottle of Dodo red mist tropical protector but it says on the bottle not to apply over fresh wax. How long should I leave it??

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
they say wait 24hrs before applying RM. I'd use colli instead of dodo this time of year imho.

You will need to polish after claying buddy. It is also worth mentioning that the wax is not likely to last long - a; because I find all but SuperNatural very average waxes, in terms of longevity and b; because the wax has nothing to bond to. A decent IPA wipe down after polishing will provide this.

Fiesta ST-3
I use blue velvet and find its durability very good. Not that i have tried any other proper waxes to compare it with. But it does the job for me.

Audi TT 225
I use Blue velvet too, it's a "decent" wax, you get what you pay for, for the price it's pretty decent. I'll be using a sealant though instead of waxing this time of year.