ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dodo Lime Prime & Dodo Supernatural Hybid.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Yo!

Anyone tried these products, if so are they any good?

I'll be applying both by hand :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I like lime prime, leaves a lovely finish. Didn't think much to SNH, beaded well to start but didn't seem to have great durability. Certainly nothing better than the standard range of dodo waxes, and not as nice or easy to apply or remove

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I like lime prime, leaves a lovely finish. Didn't think much to SNH, beaded well to start but didn't seem to have great durability. Certainly nothing better than the standard range of dodo waxes, and not as nice or easy to apply or remove

SNH seems to get raved about over on detailing world. Most reckon 4-6 months durability.

Did you put anything under the SNH?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I used lime prime as a base. Seemed very over rated from my own testing. Never got anywhere past 3/4 months on many occassions

Last edited:
LP is a great pre wax cleaner and nips out minor swirls. Works particularly well on flat colours that have the usual obvious minor swirling from being a flat colour (reds, blacks, blues).

SNH is average at best. For the price, there are far better waxes out there. What are you aiming for, Al? Presume it's for the S2K?

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
LP is a great pre wax cleaner and nips out minor swirls. Works particularly well on flat colours that have the usual obvious minor swirling from being a flat colour (reds, blacks, blues).

SNH is average at best. For the price, there are far better waxes out there. What are you aiming for, Al? Presume it's for the S2K?

It certainly is beautiful.

I'm after something hard wearing which doesn't require too much effort.

Something I can put over the LP would be nice, any recommendations?

It certainly is beautiful.

I'm after something hard wearing which doesn't require too much effort.

Something I can put over the LP would be nice, any recommendations?

As you're probs well aware, you offset longevity for looks and vice versa. So two options for you;

1/Simple and quick + 8 months durability with great beading; CarPro Reload Silica sealant - http://www.carpro.uk.com/reload-inorganic-spray-coating-500ml/ (don't forget CarPro CS discount)
2/Easy to use wax + 6 months durability with good beading; AutoGlym HD wax - buy from Amazon at £20 rather than Halfrauds at £40.

The next option is a great wax (I have a few testers I could send out), like Carbon, Essence, Illusion, all of which will last a little less than the above but perhaps look better...

If I were you, genuinely, you won't see the difference, so decent prep with a product like Tripple and then Reload over the top. Simple, great results, hard wearing.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Good shout. I've been trying to get the bottom of my poor Tripple application. Dried out so easy. My applicator was primed with Z6 or anything else similar and it keep the product working away. Dampness is key!

Tripple and then reload is a fair shout easy peasy!

I got rid of my tripple because I didn't like the way it dried out so fast. I prefer a more oily product.

Swapped it on dw for some lime prime lite which I was really pleased about.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
As you're probs well aware, you offset longevity for looks and vice versa. So two options for you;

1/Simple and quick + 8 months durability with great beading; CarPro Reload Silica sealant - http://www.carpro.uk.com/reload-inorganic-spray-coating-500ml/ (don't forget CarPro CS discount)
2/Easy to use wax + 6 months durability with good beading; AutoGlym HD wax - buy from Amazon at £20 rather than Halfrauds at £40.

The next option is a great wax (I have a few testers I could send out), like Carbon, Essence, Illusion, all of which will last a little less than the above but perhaps look better...

If I were you, genuinely, you won't see the difference, so decent prep with a product like Tripple and then Reload over the top. Simple, great results, hard wearing.

Cheers dood, much appreciated.

Is the CarPro Reload similar to the jeffs werkstat acrylic jett trigger (which I already have)?

As my car is a always garaged (and I do no more than 5k per year) I guess I could skimp on the durability side in favour of looks. What would you recommend up to the £50 mark?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks as a priority = Capture the Rapture, for me anyway but I've limited wax tests to go on.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Think I might go for Essence...Good choice?

What should I put underneath? LP?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
That little mileage and garaged any wax will last well, even best of show.

Car looks a dark metallic silver? Consider bouncers 22 or satsuma rock as an alternative to SNH when used over lime prime

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Is Bouncers 22 proper glossy Dave??

I have CTR and the smallest amount of 22.

At the price I'd be tempted to buy a pot for wet glossy looks.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Literraly just had some LP delivered (albeit lite) as I didn't want the cut. I've always rated it.
Starting to gather some bits for when me new car comes :)
5u4emujy.jpg

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
That little mileage and garaged any wax will last well, even best of show.

Car looks a dark metallic silver? Consider bouncers 22 or satsuma rock as an alternative to SNH when used over lime prime

Its a dark grey fella

photo-1.jpg

So the bouncers 22 or Satsuma Rock would work better than the Essence over LP?

Honda & VW
I got onto LP many years ago after seeing Jim at White Details using it (always trusted his judgement). Even tend to use it alongside a standard polish to prolong the "work time" when used with a DA

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yup! Me and Russ only used to use a 3M yellow pad and lime prime! Stunning finish!