ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does a standard Clio (1.2) have the same colour interior Trim as a 172, 172 CUP, & 182

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Morning!

Could anyone tell me please, would the interior trim from a 2006 1.2 Clio be the same used in a Clio 172 Cup?

I ask as I've found one going cheap and I need lots of spares for my Cup to restore it back to being factory fresh, the car I have found has very low mileage so and the interior trim looks in like new condition, I am hoping I can purchase this car and swap over lots of trim parts... is this going to be possible!?

Thanks in advance!

Ash.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My wife had a 2005 1.2 Dynamique back in the day and it had a completely different cloth/fabric to my 172 Cup at the time.

If anything, the Dynamique's interior was an upgrade. I gather the Cup had the most basic of fabrics.

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Hi, I was hoping I could pop the fabric trim out and swap it with that I have it was more the wear and tear of the actual plastics I wanted to replace and some off the sticky plastic I have. So wasn’t sure if the plastic is the same shade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I think you'll want a donor car from the same year. There were subtle differences with the 2005 car, and I'd expect similar differences between Ph2 172 / 182.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
15885911548838562735285497628927.jpg

1588591224865827681808142321381.jpg

Ignore the dash strips and carbon obvs. The other parts will swap perfectly well. Dash top may not work, although the centre part can be swapped over if needed.

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Ignore the dash strips and carbon obvs. The other parts will swap perfectly well. Dash top may not work, although the centre part can be swapped over if needed.

Here's the car in question I am looking to buy, looked like it was the same as my 172 cup but... if the shade is off very slightly It would be a total fail.. lol Although there are plenty of other bits I need off it too, like window trims, rear lights, headlights, radio etc.

ca9f09c9-c411-45ca-bb2a-329945b780e7.JPG
51f14146-ad1b-4f65-941f-2c122423e0db.JPG

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If there are other parts you can use too andits cheap enough then go for it. On ours the 1.2 dash trim is exactly the same colour as the 182 but without the shitty sticky soft touch coating. I don't even know if the 172 cup has the soft touch dash parts?

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I think you should be ok for major plastics. Although the rear quarter plastics have a strange colour insert.

Be wary of the Radio, it'll be update list rather than tuner list so might not work in your older 172 Cup.

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
I think you should be ok for major plastics. Although the rear quarter plastics have a strange colour insert.

Be wary of the Radio, it'll be update list rather than tuner list so might not work in your older 172 Cup.

Ok thanks for the info! I think I’m going to send it and hope for the best! Haha.

Surely they’ll be plenty of parts I can steal off it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASH_7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
Well I won the auction for it so lets see what is useable once it turns up! 😂.

Here it is.. my first time bidding on Copart sure it won't be the last!! lol.

30963350_Image_1.JPG

30963350_Image_4.JPG