ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does any one know exact dimensions of ph1 air box?

ph1 172 Black
Was wondering if I could fit a IK inside as the air box is round. Would act as a heatsheild. I'm sure I've heard that the intakes are 60mm and the cup racers are 100mm so the actually box must be more than 100mm in diameter.

Anyone fancy nipping out and measuring one or can you find it dialogys. I've trawled the internet for past to days and not found an answer.

Thanks

Megane 2 GT 165
Alex D are you thinking about putting a cone-filter in the airbox?

ITG sells a replacement filter for the ph1 airbox.

Looking at pictures of the cup race airbox (espace v6) I think the airbox is 150+mm round might be 180 even.

ph1 172 Black
Yeah I know ITG do panel filters but I was thinking of using it as a heatshield for a IK filter. Then would get sound and better filter.

I've looked at pictures but it's hard to judge size. I think the filters are 100mm but they don't fill the box. It's just an idea. Was looking into upgrading CAFs etc as well. I've read so many posts about induction on here but no one seems to of used standard box as a heatsheild.

Megane 2 GT 165
So you want to put a conefilter in the airbox and close it like it should when fitted with a normal filter?

Sound wise it will not bring anything when the standard CAF's are fitted I guess.

Usually larger filter-area is better/easier air flowing through. I think the ITG or any other brand replacement filter have the largest filter area.

But I am intrested in what you are doing! So just try it and post it :)

ph1 172 Black
I will but I need dimensions so I can find a filter. My car is at bodyshop so I can't measure and was hoping to source bits ready for weekend cause I'll get car on friday. I've got some CAF ducting and was looking on ebay for a cheap second hand filter.

Will post pictures once done. Think I've seen your posts on CAF and IK. Is it you that made the metal enclosure?

Theres no way that will be efficient as a standard filter. Honestly save your time. An induction kit inside the airbox wont be any louder either unless you plan to drill more holes in it.

Buy a BMC if you want an enclosed kit.

Otherwise stick with a filter any will do paper.cotton,foam in reality you wont notice a difference.

Megane 2 GT 165
No sorry I haven't made my own IK :) Have thought about it but I find it to cost too much money for something I make just for the fun of it.

Well I don't have a ph1 box else I would have measured them for you by now :)

Good luck and let me know how things work out

RS RIP
No sorry I haven't made my own IK :) Have thought about it but I find it to cost too much money for something I make just for the fun of it.

Well I don't have a ph1 box else I would have measured them for you by now :)

Good luck and let me know how things work out

Felix ,I just bought one (phase 1 airbox) off of "marktplaats" 20 euros ! Also saw your old manifold for sale there.
Going to buy an ITG and see if i can get some bigger CAF's onto it. Supposed to be a better box than the phase 2.

Megane 2 GT 165
Hey frank,

Yeah my old inlet manifold is for sale. End of this weeks it leaves my room for 25 euro's unless someone is bidding more.

You got the ph1 box out of oosterhout right? I was thinking about getting it. Well I read the ph1 box is a bit better then the ph2/182.

RS RIP
Hey frank,

Yeah my old inlet manifold is for sale. End of this weeks it leaves my room for 25 euro's unless someone is bidding more.

You got the ph1 box out of oosterhout right? I was thinking about getting it. Well I read the ph1 box is a bit better then the ph2/182.

i think the guy's from Oosterhout yep.
Maybe going to try and move the battery to the sparewheel compartiment in the back and then have room to move the CAF to the space where the battery was, i've seen something like this on a cup racer. This had an "open" intake in that spot

Megane 2 GT 165
The cup racer has an open filter at the same sport where the battery used to be. It also has a heat shield fitted, to separate the engine compartment and the battery compartment.

Did you already replace your cat, frank?

RS RIP
The cup racer has an open filter at the same sport where the battery used to be. It also has a heat shield fitted, to separate the engine compartment and the battery compartment.

Did you already replace your cat, frank?

Just now (seriously 4 minutes ago) send K-tec money for a decat !

When i fit this one we'll have to contact eachother :approve:

Megane 2 GT 165
That's cool Frank! Will be on holiday halfway next week (5th march - 15 march), so we will be in contact after that.

Good luck mounting it in the mean while.