ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone elses car do this (revving when creeping along)

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Can anyone confirm that their car doesn't do this? When creeping along in traffic say in second gear and you're reallllllly creeping along... when pressing the clutch down, nothing else, the engine will rev itself to about 1.5K

Is this normal? It's been doing this for ages now, setting off can be really jerky too almost like the car is going to stall. Also got oil on my spark plugs if it makes any difference??

It's massively annoying now. Makes me not want to drive the car :(

Ph2 Meg 225
I've had the engine creeping before on idle, my fix every time is to move the small pipe which goes from the carbon canister I think up to the inlet manifold before the throttle body. Not sure if coincidence but it cures it for me!

renault clio 1.4 16v
If the engine is under load when creeping and you push the clutch in the revs will rise a bit, however i havnt noticed it rise past 1000 rpm

SchwepTek™
Mine does this...

I was thinking a Vacuum Leak of some sort as i get some light seepage from the rocker cover bolts, however, thinking about it, Carbon canister is a good shout. I knocked mine when making brake cooling ducts and it make all sorts of funny noises now!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
All Abarth's do this.

I was told it was something to do with aiding down changes for people who take an eternity and cause the revs to drop.
Not sure if I believe it though.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Just wondering because mine does it aswell.
Only seems to do it from cold though with the revving up part. I think that's down to the rs tuner though from what ive read?