ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does anyone have any info on this Ph1 Flamer?

'02 MG TF160
Okay, a mate of mine at work is making the sterling decision of buying a 172. He's seen this one:

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200729291809824

And questioned me on it.

Now, i'm dubious, because this just doesn't add up to me:

***I have been made aware the vehicle is cat d, i have since been in touch with the previous keeper, she tells me she ripped off the bumper in a car park, its clear this is the case as the paint on the bumper has not a single stone chip where as its pretty clear that the other front panels are original factory paintwork, don't let this affect your decision, its a fabulous car in great condition at a great price and i am happy for any independent inspection, ive lowered the price accordingly***

Surely a front bumper wouldn't Cat D a Clio - the previous owner is having them on.

So, given that there aren't many Flamers around, is this car known on here? Anyone know what damage there was?

Its damn cheap for a 44k Ph-Quick, and looks in very very good condition, plus its standard too....

The plate is X578 NKM

media?id=580205239.gif

Golf R
it's been for sale for a few weeks now. i'm dubious of it tbh having read thats it's Cat D for bumper damage only, but it's worth a look and see how good the quality of the repair is and whether you can spot any further damage

'02 MG TF160
Yeah, it does worry me though, that the previous owner is clearly trying to pull a fast one...

My mate is looking to travel nearly 200 miles to see it, so he's obviously reluctant to do that drive if its going to be fecked.

Golf R
Yeah, it does worry me though, that the previous owner is clearly trying to pull a fast one...

My mate is looking to travel nearly 200 miles to see it, so he's obviously reluctant to do that drive if its going to be fecked.

tbh i wouldnt waste a 200 mile drive then... different if it's quite local or the previous owner has been honest about the damage etc

Golf GTI PP Mk7
in my opinion if youve got a gut feeling that says no, just steer clear. Bumper damage alone wouldnt cat-d a clio, no way. theres definetly more to that story.

CLIO 172 EXCLUSIVE
hi the donny car was on ebay - no mention of cat d. i checked his bought items and he'd bought a bumper and also full set of log books & service books for 172. i spoke to him and he didnt mention any accident claimed that original bumber had been stolen from car. also claimed hed bought log books cos he'd lost originals. he said car was clean and not on hpi reg, TBH the bumper and log books bought woried me so gave it a miss. Having heard the crap hes told you id run a mile mate - something stinks.

Ben perry

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 cup
That prehistoric CS story never really got finished did it?
I don’t think it was repaired from its cat d as front bumper and grill are still broken it’s on 70k apparently it was stood in dry which is probs true as shell is immaculate (rust wise) now just accumulating parts for a resto 😂 need to do kangoo first 😂