ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does anyone know about breaks

Full Fat 182 - Was..

over the last few days my breaks have become very spongy on my 182, when looking at the headder tank for the breaks the lid is on tight but it has let fluid leak out from the cap where the stem sensor is located, i can also see air bubbles poping out from under the stem where it meets the cap.

does this men my breaks have air in them? are shagged what? its time for a service bu the breaks need looking at, what else could be wrong?

Full Fat 182 - Was..

well thank you all for those helpful, informative really technical posts there :D

the idea was to go with atleast some idea whats up with it so i could beat the renault tech round the head when he lies to me...

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00

No more comments about your spelling then, I reckon the system will need to be bleed to get the air out. It sounds as though you need a new cap for the master cylinder (the tank part), maybe it wasnt put on quite right. Be interested to know what Renault say.

have you topped the fluid up recently? fitted new pads ? , the fluid expands as it gets hot thats why theres an max mark , if your brakes are spongy theres obviously a problem with them as it is under waranty id take it into renault and dont worry about them telling you lies , they cant bulls**t you when it comes to brakes, but post up what they tell you as it would be interesting to know if its another problem to look out for with the 182 .

brian