ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does my cam belt need changing !

Black mk2 1.2
So basically i have an 03 1.2 mk2 clio, it has done 71,033 miles looking through is part history that i have it doesn't say anything about a cam belt change. I am basically wondering when it would usually need changing, and how much its it generally to have it changed.

Black mk2 1.2
yes that's what i thought, but wasn't sure i have my MOT at the end of February would it be alright till then do you think ?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
i can do a genuine cambelt kit and genuine aux belt (presume you dont have a/c) for £150 all in, im in Wiltshire.

Genuine water pump and genuine coolant 5l for another £100

Black mk2 1.2
£150 I was expecting it to be a lot more, Wiltshire is quite a way from me would it be needing a water pump change as well ?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Up to you on the water pump, worth it on the age and mileage. Renault fixed pricing are £399 for a belt change. A backstreet garage may do it for £150-£200.

Price is not too bad for cam belts on the non sport, change the pump at the same time as Im pretty sure they are powered by the cam belt, you don't want to get the belts done and then have a water pump failure.

Black mk2 1.2
Yeah exactly so it's defiantly worth getting water pump done as well, so how much would you be looking to charge for both cam belt change and water pump ?

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
Cambelt kit, aux belt kit, water pump and 5l of coolant all genuine parts £250 all in.

Do you have Air con or not?

Black mk2 1.2
£250 okay was expecting more so I'm pleased with that ! No no air con, I defiantly have to keep that offer in mind I will look for some quotes more locally as well, but I don't get anything as good then I'll defiantly be in contact.