ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does this bhp sound ok

rite people does this sound ok iv got a 1.8 16v its got cams pbv stage 2 chip zorst airfilter with cold air box its got 151 bhp at the flywheel and 120lb of torque at 6851rpm does this sound ok or should i play with the cam timing etc ??

ive got the same thing, with modded head (presume u have that aswell ?) and it measured 158bhp and 127lb of torque at the same revs, so maybe u can still squeeze out some more ? i cant remember what cams i have but they arent wild or anything, next step up from standard i would say

my lawnmower has 180bhp at the flywheel.

Flywheel figures mean feck all unless you have the engien otu and strapped to an engine dyno.

160 at the fly would mean about 140 bhp at the wheels.

cheers chris you have one powerful mower.

cse iv not got a polished head on my car its standard so my bhp is ok i think ??

yeah, think so then, the cams ive got give about 12bhp apparently out the box ? so maybe right yeah, and yeah, flywheel figures are a bit turd, but it seems that thats the only figure anyone knows

cams 12bhp? On a stock engine, righty ho chief!

If you get a car rollign roaded theonly actual figure you get is at the wheels, the flywheel figure is just made up.

Quote: Originally posted by bondy on 12 July 2003

120lb of torque at 6851rpm
That sounds a bit wrong! :confused:

Standard is 113-116 lb/ft @ 4500rpm and mine has more than yours @ only 4801rpm.

thanks people i have got a k-tec zorst which is larger than standard bore so i expect the torque to be down also it has only 1 box in it.

BMW 320d Sport

Well I wouldnt worry too much about 10 or 20 bhp differences here or there between your valver and others John. Different roads run different readings, theres no way to compare them. If you want to fiddle with the timng though, your torque seems to be peaking way too high in the revs. 4500-5000 revs would be about right. Obviously the cams move the peaks upwards but if you keep the inlet/exhaust duration the same and advance/r****d both cams by the same amount, itll shift the peak values up or down the rev range. Or is it down or up? I cant remember! Then if you advance the inlet and r****d the exhaust itll give you a longer duration overall, more power but more peaky as well? I dont know, just some ideas I must have picked up over the years, who knows if theyre right....

BTW Chris, 12bhp doesnt sound that crazy on a stock engine if theyre timed right. It might not be 12 but its not gonna be a lot less than that I wouldnt have thought. Just that the 12bhp extra will be over a very narrow peak where youd hardly notice it anyway!