ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this need done straight away?

Clio MK3
I got my car back from getting serviced at arnold clark yesterday and when i got it back they said it had 3 advisories,

1) NSF ball joint excessive rolling
2) starter motor clicking
3) OSF wheel bearing rubbing

i was quoted £520 to get this sorted, do these need done straight away or will they be okay for a while any info would be good.

cheers

First off why use Arnold clark? Ball joint need doing pronto. Get the bearing done at the same time. Starter wouldn't worry untill it struggles to start.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I'd get them done asap because i use my car daily but i would source the parts and get it done elsewhere. I.e a homer or DIY

f**k paying 520 for that!

Clio MK3
i used arnold clark cause i got the car from there and get 2 years servicing and MOT with the car otherwise i wouldnt lol! i take it i will get this done a hell of alot cheaper anywere else?? i have little car knowledge likes

2014 Clio 200t edc
Does the mot include fail cover or whatever? Because if it does I'd leave it and let them fix it free when it fails on ball joint and bearing...

Clio MK3
i havent checked that actually, i will have a look at that tonight. it was only mot'd 4 month ago so i dont no if they will hold another 8 month?? and im going to be driving about 900 miles in the next 3 weeks so dontwant it breaking down on me lol

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i see it as, they sold a car they probably knew had these problems. so give out servicing/mot then when you bring it back. they bring up this little list and then get you to pay for it. :dapprove:

Clio MK3
yeah i kind of thought that myself, i took it back 7 weeks ago cause there was a whining coming evrytime i broke, they cleaned the breaks out and sai there was no problems. so these 3 problems they said have came on the last 7 weeks lol

BG182ff,explod Focus
Ball joint is a easy swap mate just 3 bolts and a bit of fiddling. Very straight forward.

I'm pretty sure the Mk3 Clio's are the cup type of ball joint like this

[video=youtube_share;Ei5rRULGKrA]http://youtu.be/Ei5rRULGKrA[/video]

Not as easy to do as the type fitted to earlier Clio's but not rocket science, just make sure you have all the tools ready before you start.