ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this soud feasible

Astra (H) VXR
Had the electrical fault warning light coming on and off for a few weeks now. soon as it does car is in limp mode.

Now it comes on after the first turns of the key before starting and stays on until i fire it up properly then it goes off.

A friend of mine who is quite knowledgable has just had a similar issue with his sisters car, light doing the same thing. her car was an Audi though and apparantly it was the alternator which was on its way out.

now from the many knowledgable folk on here could anyone tell me if this could be the case with the 172? i know its not an audi and all cars are different but with similar symptons i was just hoing it was a feasable option..

ive managed to get hold of a machine to read the fault codes for tomorrow, so also does anyone know the expected fault codes or have a quick link to see a list of codes for a clios?

Thanks

Andy

When my alternator went, this light didn't ever come on. It could be anything tbh - even something as small as a sensor playing up can bring lights up on these cars.