ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

does this sound like my dephasers had it?

Sell me your 197

also it's missing.... when cold it's bad but once warmed up it still does it but not as bad.

it'll idle idle idle fine and then it'll spend 5 or so seconds misfiring and stumble a bit, then come clean again for a while then start stumbing.

car revs cleanly, drives cleanly, give it a boot full and it wakes up as normal...

fuel in it is about 5 months old though (cars not registered so going and filling it up is a pain)

any ideas? plugs are brand new.

Last edited by a moderator:

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
If you say it's missing the first thing I was told about on mine was the coil pack ad they seem to be a common part for giving up the ghost

Sell me your 197
it ticks from cold, so i guess that makes sense, dephasers should only click once the oils nice and hot right?

any issues driving it 10km or so with a dicky injector? it won't lean out and explode?

Sell me your 197
it's not an injector... the ticking doesn't stop with each one unplugged etc.

could it be a valve?

or could it be due to brand new lifters?

Sell me your 197
seems to fit OK. i did match up the grooves, tweaked it with an allen key as per the manual....