ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this sound like temperature sensor failure?

A red missile
Ok, so i'll trundling along a dual carriageway going to Tesco's, suddenly notice that the engine temp is cold - thats funny im a good 5 miles from home, get to a roundabout and its ticking over high but when i try and set off it labours and nearly stalls then revs it nuts off. I managed to lurch around the roundabout and decided to head back home. 20 seconds later the temp shoots back to normal and alls well, so the fun police decides we can stop off at Morrisons. On the way back everythings normal then the temp drops again but luckily im a flow of traffic and manage to keep going and before i have to stop it goes back up again. Will this possibly clear itself or is this the start of a gradual slide to sensor failure?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Sounds like the temp sensor to me . It might be knackered or just a loose wire . You could try giving it wriggle , its under the airfilter box .Its roughly where the arrows pointing , but underneath .

KN3abMedium.jpg

Last edited:
  Caterham 1400 Supersport
Yup, same symptoms I had, I tried the fix as suggested, and tried cable ties around the wire which wirked for a while, but the problem came back. Keep an eye on your mpg too, I was losing about 5mpg on average!
Didn't cost me much to have it fixed at the main dealer. :)