ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Does this sound normal??????

Clio 182 cup
Hi just wondering if the clips below sound normal. Got a tiny blow on the cat/manifold connectors even after a new kit, although couldn't get the deep cups out and are still using the old ones in the manifold :(. When flooring the car it makes that raspy/rattle noise, but driving smoothly into the same rev range it sounds fine. I also get a rattle around 3.5K when de-accelerating???? Don't know if it's that cat/manifold connection making the noise.
It's a 182 cup with a KTEC ultra unsilenced exhaust with cat.

Raspy/rattle noise part 1:
http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/dtwst150/?action=view&current=IMG_0191.mp4

Raspy/rattle noise part 2:
http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/dtwst150/?action=view&current=IMG_0192.mp4

Rattle when the car slows down/revs drop:
http://s803.photobucket.com/albums/yy315/dtwst150/?action=view&current=IMG_0194.mp4

Getting sick of these noises now lol :( oh and not me filming by the way :p

I have no idea but I have a very similar rattle (though not quite as loud) with my 182 + ktec ultra with silenced centre section + cat.

If that helps. lol :/

Edit... heatshield possibly??

Last edited by a moderator:
  Looking for 182
I watched all three videos and I can't hear a rattle :(

Your car sounds awesome though. What exhaust/IK setup have you got?

Clio 182 cup
I can hear the rattle the the revs drop from 3.5k so I'll have a look under the car when I've pulled up and see if it's heatshield or something.
The noise when I floor it is like air rushing through the system or escaping so don't know if it is the system and if it does sound like that.
It's running a cat back KTEC ultra system without silencer, cat and a BMC IK.
Maybe it's my head thinking things lol.

GW200 FF
i have a similar noise, but a more high pitched whistle under hard revs from 4k up. its driving me nuts! running standard 182 cat and a scorpion cat back exhaust. centre section has been replaced and problem goes away but always comes back getting steadily worse which indicates sealing somewhere. is there a reason for the flanged design on cat/centre section? its so hard to get a good seal on it i reckon and am seriously thinking about modding the interface to get a decent seal

vid soon if i can get time

Yozza'd BG
got the same problem myself. spoke to Fred about it whilst ordering a brake kit and although hard to tell over the phone, he reckons it's a part which sits in front of the cat having corroded. speaking to him tomorrow so might be able to get more details.

Clio 182 cup
Can hear the whistle in your vid, doesn't sound bad at all, not as bad as mine:( I think whistle noises are cracks in cat flange iirc. The part that sits in front of the cat will probably be the gasket + bolts with springs which is the fitting kit. I already replaced mine but looking at my car last night the rattle at 3.5k is coming from the rear of the car, still don't know about the air whoosing noise though.