ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog fight sims

Anything good knocking around these days?
Use to enjoy combat flight sim back in the day. Just got Heroes Over Europe, which graphically is sound - however it doesn't have cockpit view which is w**k!

Anything decent out?

When I first read this I was thinking you meant like pitbulls. I thought someone had coded a dog fighting sim with pikeys exchanging cash and you having to train your mutt.

For every action, there is a reaction. And a Pikey reaction... is quite a f**king thing.

Snatch-Mickey-Speaks-Pikey.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Feckin' hell! I didn't think anyone else would remember this! Definitely Cinemaware's best game of all time, followed by Rocket Ranger and It Came from the Desert.

Great story/career mode and waay ahead of it's time - it really pushed the limits on what the Amiga hardware could do.

Brilliant game - but as with other great developers (such as Dynamix and Looking Glass) Cinemaware went bump, iirc?

D.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I tried to get it fired up on a DOS emulator thing, it was gonna take too much work to get it sorted properly.. might give it a go if I get some free time next week tho

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Played this loads on my Amstrad CPC464!

Lol - me too on the C-64. :)

Another one that was good was Stuka Raid on the BBC Micro - probably around 1987/88 time. We used to have that on the BBCs at school, along with Decathlon on the old, old IBM PCs.

We had an even ealier game called Sopwith on the Research Machines terminals at college. I don't think the game was any bigger than 100k!

D.