ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dog Kennel reborn (HMS Derv Destroyer is a legend)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Mk2 polo turbo with a 1.6THP engine and box from a pug 207( not finished yet ) a rover tomcat turbo hiding. Really old BMW M5. Gaz's rat rod truck ... to many down there lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i'm going to rip that boot lid off and throw it in the bin, f*cking thing drives me mental!!

It's actually the Powerflex exhaust mount that's to blame, bloody thing has zero flex in it so all the vibration goes through the cabin.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since I updated this thread, my poor Clio has been sat out the front for a couple of years since it started having electrical problems, it randomly cuts out and when started back up has the electrical fault light on the dash, the fuel gauge dies, it over fuels, stinks of petrol and it goes into limp mode.

Many things were wrong with it when scanned with Clip, like the signal from the pedal to throttle body wasn't the best so they were swapped with second hand parts, a load of fault codes vanished but it was still randomly cutting out and going into limp mode, last year it was compression tested and cylinder one has half the compression of the others, the spark plugs were fouled so they were changed and it ran a little smoother, but the HT leads were in a state so possible arching was suspected as the cause of the cutting out, but I just changed those today and on a little run round my estate it still cut out at a junction but this time no warning lights and no limp mode, but it did kill the fuel gauge for a bit but that came back after a while and it wasn't over fuelling, car's still rapid though despite all it's problems.

I'm not really looking for answers, just needed somewhere to put these terrible potato phone vids.

Before a run

After a run

16V F7R

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 16V
Does it die when it gets up to a certain temp or full temp, and then only start up and work fine again once cooled down?

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
It does it at all temperatures, then it won't do it for days, then it'll do it loads for a bit, then go back to being fine for a while, the fact it's still quick with no warning lights or limp mode leads me to think it's a short somewhere.

It also has a miss fire, I don't know if it's related.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I just can't trust it to not cut out, we've replaced the throttle body & accelerator, the injectors & fuel rail, the spark plugs, the HT leads, loads of relays, i'm starting to think that no matter how many problems we solve this cutting out issue will always be left, i'd need to use it for a whole summer in Cov with no problems before I took it near a motorway or a track.

Last edited:

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Tbh I just can't trust it to not cut out, we've replaced the throttle body & accelerator, the injectors & fuel rail, the spark plugs, the HT leads, loads of relays, i'm starting to think that no matter how many problems we solve this cutting out issue will always be left, i'd need to use it for a whole summer in Cov with no problems before I took it near a motorway or a track.
You replaced all the earths mate? Given how cheap they are I’d replace all of em