ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dogbone bush fitting q....

went to fit my poly dog bone bush last wk end and ending up fitting mount straight back without changing the bush.

how did you get the smaller of the two bushes out? did you have to cut it in half?? and then at the other end, larger of the two bushes, what happens with the soft metal ring bit that is crimped or bent inwards to i presume hold the bush in? is it cut out as i cant see how the new bush would fit otherwise! confuseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed.

should be a ten mins job, did it on my old car no probs!!!! maybe im a bit simple....haha:rolleyes:

Pics needed, you cant explain for shiz..

i know!!!! haha

DSC00238-1.jpg

PowerflexEngineMountSmall.jpg

right in the two pics above, best i can do unfortunatley, theres the raised surround bit around the hole in which the bigger of the two bushes fits into. on the powerflex bush, the bush is in half with two half moon sections which join together from each side when fed through that hole. only this is that raised lip or circle or surround thing i've arrowed doesnt look like its going to let the bush fit togther. i'm confused more now trying to explain it!!!!

172 cup
i had that gay problem with mine when i did it best way to do it is put it in the vice tighten it up and crush the metal ring that holds the rubber in then loosen it off turn it 90degrees and do the same keep doing that then it will eventually just come out hope you understand what i meen

Matty

172 cup
oh on your pic right where ur arrow pionts that little ledge sticking out that comes out with the s**t oem rubber then the new poly bushes push in :)

Matty

sooooo, the first post refers to the smaller bush right? you put that in a vice turn it etc, and the second post refers to the ledge bit on the larger bush, that jst comes out when you get the bush out?

whys it so hard to explain something so simple!!!! flol

106 GTI
Can you not rest it on a bit of wood then use an appropriate sized socket to hammer it out

BMW M135i
The big end you hammer out without damaging the body of the mount and the smaller one needs sawing in half to get it out.

Audi TT
Matty you fancy helping do mine sometime dude? I'm feckin useless mechanically. Had mine sat in box for months along with my braided brake lines :(

if you've a bench-mounted vice, the big one's easy to remove - it just presses out, using a suitable piece of tube

i think i just prised the smaller one out with a screwdriver, although you could hacksaw it - the metal tube's only alloy

just need to be careful not to damage the alloy arm really

i'm fiddling with the engine mounts on mine this w/e - if you'd like a hand and don't mind a trip to Yate, could sort it for you - wouldn't take long

if you've a bench-mounted vice, the big one's easy to remove - it just presses out, using a suitable piece of tube

i think i just prised the smaller one out with a screwdriver, although you could hacksaw it - the metal tube's only alloy

just need to be careful not to damage the alloy arm really

i'm fiddling with the engine mounts on mine this w/e - if you'd like a hand and don't mind a trip to Yate, could sort it for you - wouldn't take long

Awesome offer :cool: and if i wasnt in plymouth this wk end, i'd of taken you up on it. i'v got a day off tommorrow so i'l give it a go then and take it from there.

M4 LCI, X1, ZX10R
How did you get on chap?

I had those replaced at AVS out Keynsham just before the gearbox was replaced, so about 39k - Sept 07.

welllllllllll got drawn to the pub today.......so didnt actually get a chance to try again!! haha

will give it ago tommorrow.

ah rite, assumed it was still on originals. its up to 66k now so wont do any harm sticking them on.

Dodgy one
How ive just done mine last night

opened the vice up so the mount itself is on it flat and the rubber is inbetween the jaws (nothing actually gets clamped up) and t**t it a good few times on the rubber and it'l go through the other side, No burning, presses, clamping in vices is needed, just a BFH :)