ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Doggybone - DIY?

Silver Clio 172 Cup
I've got a new dogbone for my 172 and now it just needs fitting. Is it easy enough to do as a DIY job in half a day, or should I just get someone else to do it?

Cheers

Tom.

BMW M3
Half an hour more like mate.

I was checking mine out for the first time the other day (seems fine) and got it off pretty quick. Just a couple bolts and its not load bearing.

Silver Clio 172 Cup
Sounds good - just jack up the car, undo the old bone, bolt on the new one with no need for any support for the engine? Might do it at the same time as the pads at that rate.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
^ yep, i like to put a jack under the engine to stop it moving when you take the old one off, makes it easyer to bolt it back in as you dont need to rock the engine to get the bolt to line up, maby thats just me tho (or my car!)

1.6 16v clio priv
Its not really an issue with this job because your using the jack to stop it moving not to lift it. Just put a little tension in the jack

S2000
If you want to use a jack on the engine the best way is to put a block of wood between the sump and the jack so that it will spread the weight across the sump. As has been said theres not really any need for a jack for this job, but thats the best way to do it if you want to jack the engine.