ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Done a few interior bits on my clio!

Mk1 Clio
Well i didnt like the grey plastics in my car and hated the door inserts so i thort that cream leather inserts with black plastics should look better, comments welcome and im only half way through, sorry about the poor pics it was on poor cameras!

PIC_0012.jpg

PIC_0013.jpg

PIC_0014.jpg

Photo-0052.jpg

Photo-0053.jpg

Combo
when i read the description i didnt think i was going to like it, like some sort of pimp my ride thing, but it looks really really good, nice work!

Clio mk1 rally :P
hmm looks good!
did you just spray it black? any material preperation?
i still havent decided on my interior... one day....

Mk1 Clio
Well i just degreased the plastics and used an acrylic gloss black spray and its held pretty well, and its "faux" leather so its really stretchy but my talent doesn't stretch as far as the top of the dash jst gna do the whole dash black but i have retrimed the glovebox lid n iv booked a day off on friday so should get the majority done, cheers for the positiveness!!

Mk1 Clio
sweet cant wait to see it finished! gives me inspiration for my own :p

Cheers mate, well i just had a thort and went with it, luckily its turning out how i imagined n with a mk1 theres soooo many cheap bits if it goes wrong just replace it. Its always worth having a go yourself!!

Mk1 Clio
Well im just about to spray my dash, gna do it in the car :quiet: i no its abit rough but im confident i can make just as good a job that way, but as im not trimming the top half of the dash i thort i just accent it by doing the glovebox

Photo-0055.gif

but i think i got carried when i did this lol

Photo-0056.gif

i think a sportier steering wheel might be better lol but if you dont try you dont know!

More interior pics after the weekend when its hopefully nearly done!!

Mk1 Clio
Well ive took out my interior ready to spray n there sure is a lot of it!

N sorry about the shocking pics but you get the idea!

Photo-0059.jpg

And here are the bits ive done so far

Photo-0058.gif

But at least there are some bits that come black and dont need spraying!

Photo-0060.jpg
..... Great!

More of it all sprayed and in the car soon hopefully!!

Mk1 Clio
wow thats alot of interior...
looks awesome!
do you remember where everything goes?? lol

Yea lol well i think so, when i took all the screws out i just put them all into one box so i had a sort and think im sorted now, but i went to the shop and bort some paint then got home and realised i got matt instead of gloss...tttttwat!! so iv gotta wait till tomoro to get some gloss but more pics whenever it gets done!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
looks quality mate, i think the steering wheel looks quiet good, blends in well with the rest of the interior. Bet the leather will get stinking though before long

Mk1 Maxim Sport
not a standard part mate, Their for gagues. I think i saw another thread with these in but cant remember if it was this guy or someone else who had them.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
yeh, tryin to look for the thread now lol, from what i can remmber the guy i was looking at (not sure if it was this fella) had it in the centre vent or the hu housing cant remember though,

clio
what spary did u use to do this and where did you get it? thinking about doing this as all of it being so grey makes it just seem really really old

Mk1 Clio
Yea its a twin gauge pod from audiosport.com and it replaces the centre vent, only cost 20 odd quid deliverd but needs abit of messin to fit nice as it has no mounting system at all!!! And i used an acrylic spray for the plastics, got it offline somewhere but it left a really nice finish and nones chipped off yet so it looks good, all thats left now is my front door cards cus i wasnt too happy with the leather work but apart from that just new seats and harnesses then that about it, ill post up some pics later of it all in!! Cheers!

Mk1 Maxim Sport
what spary did u use to do this and where did you get it? thinking about doing this as all of it being so grey makes it just seem really really old

standard interiors are always the best! spend the money on the outide that ppl can see rather than the inside

Mk1 Clio
Yea im plannin on sinking dosh on the exterior but its harder to do bits on the outside whilst its being used as a daily runner and im on the inside when im driving so im gna see that more than the exterior plus the whole thing, leather, carpet and paint cost me about £60 quid n i personally think it looks 100% better but some like the link above may prefer the standard interior, i just couldnt stand about 4 different colors on ma dash!!

Mk1 Clio
why 4 different colours mate?

Well my door inserts were patternd bluey crap, grey plastic doorcards, browny looking top half of the dash and dark greyish winders and pullers, not to mention the black surround for the heater controls and clocks and the speedo housing, just looked shite but like i said its just my opinion n like yourself some people prefer it standard i just prefer it this way :D