ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Done head gasket now wont start?

just done head gasket on 99 clio d7f 720 engine and it has fuel getting to the injectors but no spark i hope someone can help

thanks

yea ive traced the whole loam i dont understand what way do the leads go on but surly if i put leads on wrong it would still spark but just at wrong time and there is no spark at all

Monaco Clio 172
nah cant adjust the timing. need to figure out y u aint got noting coming from the ignition coil

Monaco Clio 172
is the immobiliser turning off. wouldnt of thought it was coil or leads if it started before you done the gasket

what one is hiding then cos i cant see any the onyl thing is there is 2 pipes coming off the rocker box one goes to the airbox and the other im assuming hangs as a breather cos there is no where to connect it to.

Monaco Clio 172
test the coils
D7F Engine
Terminals 1 to 2 = 1.5 ohms
Terminals 1 to 3 = 1.0 ohms
Terminals 1 to 4 = 1.0 ohms
Terminals 2 to 3 = 1.0 ohms
Terminals 2 to 4 = 1.0 ohms
Terminals 3 to 4 = 0.6 ohms
HT Terminal to HT terminal 8.0 ohms

sorry i am going to sound stupid now so i have two wires froma ohm meter when you say terminal you mean the connection t the top of the coil with four wires what terminal is one the left or right and what one is four and what is the ht terminal sorry for sound stupid

Monaco Clio 172
the ht terminals are where the ht leads connect to the coil. not sure bout the pin number but if yo do the first 2 pins and they read 1.5 then they are pins 1 and 2. then the other 2 pins should read 0.6 being pins 3 and 4

right i got from work today a digital automotive analayser it has ohms on it but which ohm setting the loewest is 200 ohms and the highest is 2 million ohms i assume its 200 ohms but im not sure if it goes down low enough

any help appreciated

Stuart

Something Not French
right i got from work today a digital automotive analayser it has ohms on it but which ohm setting the loewest is 200 ohms and the highest is 2 million ohms i assume its 200 ohms but im not sure if it goes down low enough

any help appreciated

Stuart

You want the 200Ohm setting. Hold the lead tips together (fairly tightly) to see whether there is any resistance in the leads (usually is if they are fused). This can then be removed from the figure shown when testing.

i couldnt get a reading? all i fouind out using the conntinutity was that the earth on the coil plug was would beep before the black piece it bolts down with but not after that seems strange to me?

Do i need to turn it over to get a ohm reading? i got a flash a reading but then nothing. but also the black piece at the end of the coil earth a capacitor or something i think i get no continuity through it is that normal?

Any help is aprreicated

Thanks!!!