ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington Historic Festival 2013

Swift Sport
Overshadowed by the tragic loss of Christian Devereux, the annual classic car racing event was predictably fantastic. It's a mecca for anyone who appreciates proper cars, with immaculate examples both on and off the track.

Armed with only my iPhone I made a short video and took plenty of pictures...

8723766193_2d5308de16_c.jpg

8710212237_82e58250e5.jpg

8711323142_9810c1b629.jpg

8710223381_a3e4d8027c.jpg

8710192313_bbe4be2f5a.jpg

8723763585_4229980e23.jpg

8724885980_534fbd0403.jpg

8711360048_5dcb9e8c53.jpg

8724886946_ed4e7d9e7e.jpg

Plenty more here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/steburns/

Ste.

Last edited by a moderator:
  'Mia' Rover Mini 35
Looked Great fun,

Again sad to see the loss of Christian and my thoughts go out to his family, I saw him a couple of weeks before, he popped into Mini Spares.

Truly was a fantastic racer.

Swift Sport
I'd taken a picture of his car prior to the race... There was an eerie atmosphere as we all waited in line to leave, looking on as the Air Ambulances arrived. As curious as I am I'm kinda glad I didn't witness the accident.

Clio 172
I'd taken a picture of his car prior to the race... There was an eerie atmosphere as we all waited in line to leave, looking on as the Air Ambulances arrived. As curious as I am I'm kinda glad I didn't witness the accident.

From what I heard the accident was a complete fluke, lost the car at Coppice on some fluid and then got hit my a mustang that lost it on the same fluid. A very tragic accident and once again demonstrates no matter how much we all love it motorsport is a very dangerous occupation. :(

Swift Sport
From what I heard the accident was a complete fluke, lost the car at Coppice on some fluid and then got hit my a mustang that lost it on the same fluid. A very tragic accident and once again demonstrates no matter how much we all love it motorsport is a very dangerous occupation. :(

It's a strange part of the circuit to have a fatal crash, I'm sure most people assumed it happened on the Old Hairpin or Craner Curves. I hope it doesn't have a detrimental affect on the racing or the drivers.

Clio 172
I only know what happened as a friend was there. Motorsport has undoubtedly got safer but every now again we are reminded how dangerous it can be.