ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dont forget the Renault suprise...

Ziel Nurburgring

Tomorrow. Money is on a Megane cup, but it could be something clio shaped! Anyone got any more goss?

172, Tiguan

New Laguna 2005 has dynamic new exterior styling, new dashboard, a range of new Euro IV dCi engines, new safety features including the Renault System for Restraint and Protection (SRP) with eight airbags, and improved quality and reliability. There will also be a new GT205 Turbo model in the Spring with sports chassis.

[Edited by jon_r on 28 February 2005 at 11:47am]

Not sure its a Renault Sport model though.

Maybe they are going to fool all of us and bring out a limited run of megane Race Cars , on the Geneva site it says:-

MEGANE TROPHY

Race Car Chassis: tubular silhouette structure Oreca-Renault Sport / 3498 cc; V6 24 valves ; over 320 hp.

Quote: Originally posted by adamcmoran on 28 February 2005

Maybe they are going to fool all of us and bring out a limited run of megane Race Cars , on the Geneva site it says:-

MEGANE TROPHY

Race Car Chassis: tubular silhouette structure Oreca-Renault Sport / 3498 cc; V6 24 valves ; over 320 hp.

I hope so :D

dk

911 GTS Cab

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 28 February 2005
Quote: Originally posted by adamcmoran on 28 February 2005Maybe they are going to fool all of us and bring out a limited run of megane Race Cars , on the Geneva site it says:-MEGANE TROPHY Race Car Chassis: tubular silhouette structure Oreca-Renault Sport / 3498 cc; V6 24 valves ; over 320 hp. I hope so :D[/QUOTE]

i wouldnt get your hopes up, that will never appear for sale.

Nippy white cup

I dont believe it! Pricing and more info on 7th march lol. doesnt look much different but will have to see when the full story comes out

Chris

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by skinner on 01 March 2005
If there are only 500 planned, why is the serial number in the picture 4 digits long?

currently planned ;)

500 yawn. I also noticed the 4 digits on the plaque.Suspect.

Can you say Trophy 2, or Trophy 3 :cry:

Intersting though, but strange that they expect people to rush and order one whilst knowing nothing about it? My guess is this is basically the car that the 225 should have been from day one. It wasnt recieved too well in the press so have they just upgraded the suspension and steering setup?

Can you say Megane 225 2 - I bet it will be a fantastic car though, but I think Id be a bit pissed if Id just bought a 225 :confused:

To be honest I thought I would be pissed but Im not. I highly rate the discs and the wheels but apart from that Im not right bothered. The suspension is set up for the track and I never go on one of those and at the best part of £21K (when the extras have gone on) it is £7K more than I paid for mine.

I do want those wheels though!!! -)

Mark 1 Clio V6

So it is the same car, with the same engine, in a dull colour, but with better set up for on track experience, and some very nice wheels.

I for one would not want my Megane to be set up for the track as it will never see a track. I also would never have chosen a Megane in that colour.

I am far happier that I paid £16,099 (there will be no discount available on these I expect nor will inter-net dealers get a sniff, so it will be over £20k for one) for mine with full leather and in the full knowledge that it will never see a track so am also glad it has the more comfortable ride.
I will try to get a set of the wheels though, or very similar.

I just have the thought that Renault are only really doing this because they made the Megane 225 a fast, luxurious motorway cruiser and therefore when the press got their hands on it and were expecting balls out action like the 172/182/V6 ended up dissapointed with the then newest Renaultsport effort.

This will no doubt get the journos very happy when they are given it to test for an hour round a track so it will get good reviews, increasing Renaultsports profile after the slightly negative reports on the 225.

I am sure that it will sell and yes it is good that Renault do these things, but as a consumer (rather than a journalist) I wouldnt choose it, much better with what I have got (sorry what I am getting in 48 hours)!!!!!