ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't think my 172 is worth what parkers says

Porsche 911, Clio 172
With apologies to anyone also on PistonHeads where I'll shortly be asking a similar question...

It's a while since I've sold a car privately but now I find I need to due to my brother in law selling me his Merc A class (I know - but its an expanding family thing!) at a decent price. I've priced up my Clio 172 Sport using parkers and what car (mileage adjusted) and looked at what they're actually advertised for on here and autotrader. Trouble is I'm not convinced it's worth what that research suggests so it looks to me like people are loading prices a bit expecting to get knocked down by rather more than the 5% I always used to work on.

The car is 2003 53 black Clio Sport 172, decent spec and condition (won't list to avoid accusations of blatant advertising! Once I've worked out a price it'll be in the classifieds anyway!).

It is high mileage at 82000 ish but even factoring that in the guides suggest £5500 ish - I think the mileage is more of a factor and am thinking of pitching it just below £5000, does that sound a bit more reasonable?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Parkers guide?? You may as well buy the Beano mate.

I'd expect to get £4500 for it, so maybe advertise at £4750 ish?

Porsche 911, Clio 172
£4,500 - £5,000 imho

Has the cambelt been done?

Cambelt done as have all service items. That sounds pretty realistic to me - I was thinking put her up at a shade under £5000 and take first offer I'm happy with.

Porsche 911, Clio 172
Parkers guide?? You may as well buy the Beano mate.

I'd expect to get £4500 for it, so maybe advertise at £4750 ish?

Haha! Does anyone 'buy' parkers? I just flicked through it in the newsagents like everyone else! I reckon your numbers are about where I was thinking - how do Parkers get away with being so random?!?!?!?

Ridiculously expensive! I was referring to home though as in Christchurch in Dorset, down there they are still fascinated with power steering and heated rear windows and will pay very strong money for even the most basic Fiesta.
The Midlands seem to be about average, I reckon £4750 is perfectly obtainable if it is as uptogether as you say it is, in fact ive seen a 51 plate 172 ff on similar miles go for £4.5k.