ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Don't Understand Renault's Thinking

Clio Dynamic S 2.0VVT
I really like the trim/kit on my wife's Clio 3 Initiale so I was going to swap my Dynamic S for one. Trouble is the 2.0VVT 138 petrol engine (as fitted in the Nissan Qashqai) is only available in the Dynamic S. In fact you cannot have a petrol manual in the car, only the 1.6 VVT K4M engine as an automatic or the 1.5dCi 106 as a manual diesel.

So that has saved me some money - I'll be keeping the Dynamic S

Don't understand Renault's thinking though:dapprove:

Attachments

• Clio-3-Initiale#2LR.jpg
    Clio-3-Initiale#2LR.jpg
    415.4 KB · Views: 142
  • Clio-3-Initiale#1LR.jpg
    Clio-3-Initiale#1LR.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 126
  ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
In Germany the biggest availible petrol engine with manual transmission is the 1.2TCE...
The 1.6 16V is only avialible with automatic and the 138hp VVT engine is deleted at all in the price lists. So if you want to have a manual shifted petrol engine with some more power you can decide between the TCE and the RS.....a difference of nearly 100hp...

Have you tried taking the spare wheel out of a mk3 clio? If not, try it, then you'll give up trying to understand Renault!!!!!!!

Clio Dynamic S 2.0VVT
Have you tried taking the spare wheel out of a mk3 clio? If not, try it, then you'll give up trying to understand Renault!!!!!!!

Yes:banghead:

What was worse the 195/50 R16 88V tyres that are fitted to the cars with 16 inch wheels are almost impossible to get. They had to get one from 50 miles away when I had a puncture that wrecked the tyre!

BMW M135i
Thats always been how the initiale was though as its the "luxury" model, anyone that was buying one 9/10 probably wanted or didn't mind an auto. If you look on autotrader most of the Mk2 ones are autos.

personaly i keep my dynamique trim :D renault do a clio that thinks it can surf with waterproof fabrics an red edges
rcurl2_lg.jpg
;)

Black Gold Trophy
I give up trying to understand renault, it seems like they are intent on not making any money on parts!
When I bought my trophy alloys and splitter, I explained my car should have the splitter as it has the cup rear spoiler, cup suspension and anthracite alloys, he put my reg into the system and my car did not even come up on their records! I even bought the car from THE SAME dealership! He insisted on me getting the reg from a clio trophy in order to be able to order the wheels, I managed to get one off a car on ebay AND THE PART NUMBERS FOR THE WHEELS, it still took the guy on the parts counter 10 MINUTES to get them ordered from the electronic parts catalogue! Ridiculous!

Black Gold Trophy
I also love the way under the bonnet it says "renault recommends ELF" yet couldn't get it at any of my local dealers!
All they could offer me was semi synthetic rubbish! gave up and bought some Mobil 1 super synthetic from halfrauds!

I don't see the problem the dci and 1.6 16v are fine for use the reason the 2.0 ins't used in all models and transmission is the demand ins't ther plus it dilutes the brand henc why there no 197 powered basic spec car.