ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Ajar light keeps coming on

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
as per title, everytime i go over a bump or turn a corner the little red light on the center console comes on to tell me my foor is open and its doing my nut in as it turns the light on in the car (really annoying at night).

could anyone tell me the location of the door shut thing for the boot as i think its that one, i maybe wrong tho as does the boot when open turn on the interior light?

hope someone can help

Nathan

dont think the interior light comes on as on the mk2's you have an light in the boot for that connection

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
ok so it must be either the passenger side or the driver side, im thinking a loose connection somewhere, god i hope its easy to find, ill have a look tomorrow as i quite good with vehicle electics

many thanks

Nathan

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
lol i think i had a blip on my sarcasm radar for a min then lol, as with all things renault i hope it aint behind the dash lol, im hoping its on the doors itself.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Does the car make a noise (beeping) when you try to lock the car as you leave it? There are 2 small rubber bits with plastic 'buttons' that go in when door is closed. One of these snapped on my PH2 and had to stick a sock behind the plastic piece where the seatbelt goes to push the connector out until I could buy one the next day!

Renault Clio 1.2 RN MK2
no it doesnt mate, i think its dodgy wiring somewhere as both lil buttons are intact from what i can see,

nathan