ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door dent after accident, fixable?

Had a slight accident today with a cyclist swinging into me, he's fine which is the main thing and admitted he wasn't looking and rode through a junction. Very complicated junction so im not going into it :)

Anyway, im left with a massive dent in my door and a few scratches. Now I can live with the scratches for now, but the dent needs fixing asap. I immediatley thought new door, but im pretty certain its not creased.

Do I try pushing it out myself? Try the hairdryer and compressed air trick seen on youtube?
Im very short on money so the cheapest option is needed. Any suggestions?

IMAG0116.gif

IMAG0120.gif

IMAG0119.gif

IMAG0117.gif

IMAG0118.gif

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
f**k me! lol

Dent master type bloke?

For a proper fix thats got to be a new door surely?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Thats fcuked mate. If you pop that out (Door card off, push it out) it will look just as bad. The metal will be creased.

Bodyshop job i'm afraid. And as its in a c**t of a place, expect a big bill. (New door or lots of filler)

New door it is then, cliospares have one that needs paint, plus a new wing mirror for £100 delivered which sounds very reasonable to me?
Not a particularly hard collision actually, he was just quite a big chap and the door being made of cheese doesn't help.

Titanium 182
Is the guy not going to put any money towards fixing it? I know he's on a bike so he won't be insured, but the decent thing to do is to help you out, espcially as he admitted it was his fault!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
as mentioned teh decent thing for him to do would be give a bit of coin to help you repair this.
is the door from clio spares RB already btui needsa touch p or diff clour

The guy was definatley under 16 so I doubt he has a job sadly. He actually only lives round the corner from me so I went round to check he was ok etc and spoke to him and his mum. She said she would get her husband to phone me at some point as they were taking him to the hospital to get him checked over, so whether they offer any money remains to be seen.

Went and reported it to the police too as wanted to cover myself, produced doc, luckily there was a witness. I guess if I went through my insurance I would be raped come renewal? Plus my excess...

I dont think the door from cliospares is racing blue so will need to be sprayed.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I hope the family offer to pay for it, if not I hope the lad hurt himself lol, only way they will learn.

Try sutts autos too, incase he has an RB in stock :)

Titanium 182
He actually only lives round the corner from me so I went round to check he was ok etc and spoke to him and his mum.

You sound like a decent chap, so I do hope they help you out! I would have done the same thing though, no matter how pissed off I would have been with the boy, you've still got to make sure he's ok :)

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
get the quote from Cliospares & the quote from the bodyshop & look to get at least half from the third party-

S

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get a 2nd hand door and get a bodyshop to do the door it'll look out of colour slightly but it'll save some coin in the short term.

I would buy a second hand door and tell them to wipe the side out for colour if required.