ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Dents on my poor Clio

Clio MK2 172
Is it me or are or does everones Clio attracted nobheads who drive crapheaps and park 2cm away from your car in carpark?

I might add that I am very consious of parking so I normally park in a liitle corner out of the way and dont even mind getting wet running a mile in the Tescos shop. ;) but know doubt someone would seem to home in and find it a challange to park as close as possible and break records...so today came back to my car...another nice door dent. :(

Since I've owned my Clio I've had so many door dents, rear and a lovely central bonnet dent from leaving my car parked up, on the black that doesnt look good clean :(

I think they should make parking bays alot bigger!!! man what a rant, Carlsberg Edge is good. ;)

Anybody advise on a good dent repair company in the Bristol/Cardiff area? I woudn't know how much something like that would cost, ball park-sh?

Da

Less
The door skins are relatively weak and dent easily for this reason. Any other car would probably withstand the odd knock.

I remember i was parked in asda late one nite when i first got my clio and came out with my shopping and i saw some fekkin B!TCH push her trolley away from her car and i had to sprint towards it to kick it away from my car:mad: , sufficed to say i was livid and she was barraged with verbal abuse!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's sad the amount of things that go through my head when I park up - I'm almost convinced I have OCD about it ;). What's parked at the side - what type of car (4x4s & vans are a no-no) - babyseats in the cars - even wind direction if it's really bad. The amount of cars I see getting whacked by some idiot, who lets their door get pushed by the wind into the car at the side.

I try to park near decent cars - even better if they look like they are well looked after!

D.

106 GTi
The decent car thing does not work, saw a guy with a very clean Merc swing his door open into a Golf next to it at lunch time.

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
I always park in the furthest corner over 2 spaces. Although a mate adopted this policy in his RX-8 and someone decided to key the car from nose to tail on both sides as punishment.

Clio MK2 172
It's sad the amount of things that go through my head when I park up - I'm almost convinced I have OCD about it ;). What's parked at the side - what type of car (4x4s & vans are a no-no) - babyseats in the cars - even wind direction if it's really bad. The amount of cars I see getting whacked by some idiot, who lets their door get pushed by the wind into the car at the side.

I try to park near decent cars - even better if they look like they are well looked after!

D.

totally agree.... ;)

I always park in the furthest corner over 2 spaces. Although a mate adopted this policy in his RX-8 and someone decided to key the car from nose to tail on both sides as punishment.

Thats exactly why I dont take up two spaces, if ppl know u love your car it will get vandalised by some jelous lowlife.

W

welsh_saunders

M8 you got any problems ring this bloke called craig he works for a company called excelldent he comes down cardiff way twice a week i think! 07968542862 he will sort you out! :)

106 GTi
Here here.

Both my 172 and a mates has tiny dents at the base of the B pillar. does anyone else have this as the panel appears to be pretty solid.

I have a dint/line in between the two windows, but still on the drivers door!:mad: it's double skin so i dont think a pda bloke will get it out!

Filled , sanded, and spayed!!!!!!:mad: Any ideas how much?

leon

Using modern PDR techniques with hot clue they may be able to get it out.

phase 1 172
the bonnet is worst i`ve got a dent where a small stone clipped it not 2 mension the other dent i made wen i farted 40yards away from my car

LY V6 with Recaros

D.

Same here, I'm soo fussy! I'll drive around for ages trying to find a good space! Although I'm not sure about the park next to a nice car theory - half the time, they still have no respect for other peoples cars, or it's a company car so they don't give a damn. I always park on an end space well over, and touch wood I've always been ok. I'd be too worried about taking over 2 spaces incase I pissed someone off and they vandalised it on purpose.

visualize whirled pe
I ued to like the element of owning an old car, I just didnt worry about things like carpark dints, the irony is that the bodywork on my old Scirocco would have taken a good smack before it even started to dent.
On a previous car (I cared about) I managed to dent a panel just by closing the boot with my hand.
I'm maybe going to try the 'spoon massage on the back of the panel' trick with my clio and see what difference it makes.

L

lukekbrown

It's unbelievable what t***s u get in car parks, i try to park next to a curb or a wall so i only have a likelyhood of 1 car hitting me or just park at the end of the car park, but u still get sum idiot park next to u. I've got millions of lil dents, it shows out on my clio cuz its the pearl black colour. I've never took 2 spaces cuz i'll b 2 worried bout my car getting keyd. I know it happens cuz someone took 2 spaces and i wanted to park in 1 of them so i keyd his nice beemer :evil: lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It's unbelievable what tw*ts u get in car parks, i try to park next to a curb or a wall so i only have a likelyhood of 1 car hitting me or just park at the end of the car park, but u still get sum idiot park next to u. I've got millions of lil dents, it shows out on my clio cuz its the pearl black colour. I've never took 2 spaces cuz i'll b 2 worried bout my car getting keyd. I know it happens cuz someone took 2 spaces and i wanted to park in 1 of them so i keyd his nice beemer :evil: lol

^^^^ - please tell me you are joking? :S

D.

Elise,Pum,WRX,MCS,R6
It's unbelievable what tw*ts u get in car parks, i try to park next to a curb or a wall so i only have a likelyhood of 1 car hitting me or just park at the end of the car park, but u still get sum idiot park next to u. I've got millions of lil dents, it shows out on my clio cuz its the pearl black colour. I've never took 2 spaces cuz i'll b 2 worried bout my car getting keyd. I know it happens cuz someone took 2 spaces and i wanted to park in 1 of them so i keyd his nice beemer :evil: lol

^^^^ - please tell me you are joking? :S

D.

:quiet: oops. Ban?

Less
i hate car parks, and do park right at the back, or in the corner, The GF always complains when I do this.... aint going to be her forking out the cash for a respray

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Yer, i try parking in the corner, but as previously posted, even if i park in a deserted car park, by the time i return there will be sh*ters galore parked next to me! And that nice car trick has never worked for me either, they are just as careless.

Oh, and keying someones car....:mad:

Renault Clio S
Car parking spaces need to be made bigger, as more people drive fudging great 4X4s these days and wedge them into the tinnest space available

The best parking technique is to take up to spaces, leaving yourself half a cars width either side. Or park in a disabled zone.

Mk1 Maxim Sport
Lol i have had my clio 4 nearly a year and theres now 6 tiny dints along my side and 4 on the passengers side, aswell as a huge dint next to the bonnet badge and an unpleasent scratch under the boot lock. Its a pain in the arse when people cant park and is it just me or is it always women!! I enjoy watching people squeeze into tiny gaps really carefully and then realise its my car their next to and theyv gotta pull out again so i can get in lol now thats entertainment.

I always seem to attract other cars, no matter how far away I park the car, or how many deserted spaces trhere are I always come back to find someone parked next to me!

Two spaces or the parent & child spaces is the way forward:)

I swear to god if I saw someone hit my car i'd tear them a new a*sehole.

Clio 182 (Black Beauty)
009479-1.gif

bit of paintshop pro on that. laminate it and hey presto. wide space parking in tesco without anyone batting an eyelid ;)

Oh, u have to practice a limp 20 metres away before and when returning to ur car :)

Two spaces or the parent & child spaces is the way forward:)

I swear to god if I saw someone hit my car i'd tear them a new a*sehole.

Parent and toddler spaces are a no-no for me, mums with buggys, it was a parent and toddler space i got a nasty dent, wider spaces just means further space to throw thier door open.

PH1 172
len_beach;3001509Both my 172 and a mates has tiny dents at the base of the B pillar. does anyone else have this as the panel appears to be pretty solid.[/quote said:
my 1.2 has it here too on the drivers side....weird and i wondered how it got there too!