ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Handle Rod Clip - White plastic - Can it be replaced? (see pics)

172, S2000, S1 Elise
Hi all,

My exterior driver's door handle stopped working at the weekend. The interior handle and central locking still working fine.

Took the door card off, this rod that goes from the exterior handle to the latch is hanging loose, and looks like the white plastic clip that holds it in place has snapped.

Is the hole next to the end of the rod where it should go, or is it hanging there coincidentally? It's hard to see in there to have a poke around, I could only see really using my phone.

Also, is the white plastic clip replaceable on it's own, or do i need a whole new latch? If I can buy the clip, what's it called when I ring renault to order?

I've trawled the net for a parts diagram, but with no joy.

Any help/pointers much appreciated

Cheers

2013-11-26 14.21.20.jpg2013-11-26 14.21.07.jpg

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I reckon that the large bit of the plastic clip should be about 180^ around and attach to the left hand side bit as you're looking at the hole. Metal rod in the hole.

Got some decent superglue !?

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
yes its the white clip thats broken it dose sit in the hole. guessing you can buy it separate at renault. i used a 2nd had one from a car i was braking.

172, S2000, S1 Elise
I reckon that the large bit of the plastic clip should be about 180^ around and attach to the left hand side bit as you're looking at the hole. Metal rod in the hole.

Got some decent superglue !?

Yeah 180degs around the rod, so the clip is on the far side of the rod as you look at it, that's what I reckoned.

Just need to know if it's replaceable separately (ie if it comes out of the latch), and whether it's sourceable from Renault.

I'd give glue a whirl, but I know it'd only last 5 mins once I got the door back together!

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
yes the do pull out from the latch have replaced one on mine but with a 2nd hand one.

172, S2000, S1 Elise
yes the do pull out from the latch have replaced one on mine but with a 2nd hand one.

sweet, thanks Ben.

do you reckon I'd get the remains of that out with needlenose pliers?

ie does it need a proper tug or do they come out pretty easily?

cheers

mk2ph1 rsi 106rallye
part 9 is for the nearside part 13 is for the offside i think.
its fitted quite tight and a little hard to get out.

172, S2000, S1 Elise
According to Renault parts direct the part number is 7701035664. In case anyone finds this thread in the future.

Cheers everyone for your help, hope the part fits.