ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Door Open Dashboard and Boot lights always on

172 Cup
Hi guys looking for a wee bit of assistance/advice on this as am running out of things to try to sort.

My door open warning light on the dashboard is always on. It sometimes flickers on/off when raining and going over bumps. I have narrowed it down to being the boot.

Whilst investigating last night I noticed the boot light is staying on. When the boot closes it dims down without actually going out. I have unplugged the connector underneath the bootlid trim that goes to the lock and the light also dims. I thought it was going to be a bad eartch so checked and cleaned up the earth connection behind the rear drivers side light. I have also checked bulb/wiring at bootlight side of things but all looks ok.

I have also recently had internittant problems with the old fog light dashboard light coming on when braking so cleaned up the terminals on the drivers side rear cluster and thats all good now. Just unable to get this damm door open light off. Is there another earth in the boot or something els ein teh circuit I can check?

Cheers
Will

172 Cup
Oops just relised I am in the wrong section please. Can a mod move thread for me to electrical section? Cheers :)