ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

door thinks its open!!! HELP!!!

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

There is a small black switch (for want of better word), where the door closes. I caught this, and its broken! Now, the light on the dash seems to think that the door is open (even though all are totally shut) and the interior light is on. I though I could turn the light off, and ignore the light on the dash, but when trying to lock the car, the beep comes on to tell me that one of the doors is open.

WTF can I do to stop this, does anyone know what the part is called, or a number for it? The car is 2003 172 cup.

Thanks in advance

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

It doesnt lock!!! If I use the key, the solenoid in the boot will lock, and the passenger door locks, but the drivers side door wont lock. I cant alarm the car as the alarm beeps to let me know the door is open (as the bit doesnt recognise that the door is shut)

Ive had to bodge it until next week as the parts at local Reno isnt open till Monday. Have opened the plastic bit where the seatbelt sits, and put a sock in there (just to push the bit thats still there on the plastic receptor [if thats the right word!]) and the sensor now thinks the door is shut. This also means that the RAID system will actually lock the door when doing over 6mph.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Managed to find the little sensor unit in a Clio in a scrapyard, the only thing is that it was a totaled Cup :sick:

2 minute job to fit it (if that!)

Last night, I put a sock in the gap behind it, just so that the alarm wasnt beeping through the night, and also so that the doors locked.