ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Double din help

S2 106 GTI
I am looking to buy a double din stereo for my meg... and after ringing around a few companies they narrowed a few down for me. I am after some help to decide which one will be the best to go for.

The choices are -
Pioneer AVH P4300 DVD
JVC KW-NT30
JVC KW AVX40
JVC KW AVX840
Kenwood DNX - 5260BT
Alpine IVA-W520R

I am totally lost on all these as they all look fantastic and all get good reviews! some have satnav and bluetooth, some don't... But I am easy either way TBH! if it has the function, great! if it doesn't I wont miss it and can always add it at another date.
The JVC ones have never come to mind as I don't/never really used them due to being an alpine or kenwood person.

Any help would be great!

Rich

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't know the first thing about any of those.. but I'd choose Alpine every time.

Why do you want D-DIN ? Can't you go single DIN and have somewhere handy to keep stuff underneath, like gauges (y0)...?

S2 106 GTI
Yeah but inc the fitting kit I need it adds another £110-£150 on top! and I don't really want to spend nearly 1K on a head unit!

Polo + Micra
i've just installed a Alpine IVA-W520R into my polo coupled with a ktp-445

i havent really tried it all out yet but it's good so far

Listerine & Poledo
Yeah but inc the fitting kit I need it adds another £110-£150 on top! and I don't really want to spend nearly 1K on a head unit!

Right you are.

How much are you looking to lose, and what would you actually want it to do (feature wise)?