ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downgrade Complete (Shed content)

Swift Sport
Cheers people! I was amazed the difference stripping it out made, I did the same in the 197 but the difference was hardly noticable... In the Ignis it's like a diffrent car, and with the gas coilovers there's hardly any bodyroll at all so it corners like it's on rails... I'm scared to push it! lol

Listerine & Poledo
sweet machines, almost got sold one back when I was chaging from the MX-3... if it had an extra cylinder or two, I'd have had it

Swift Sport
Just to give you an idea or the stiffness, this is me driving off a curb... (excuse the exhaust, it's getting changed lol)

5243083139_2e96e937d1_z.jpg

brilliant, mind me asking what you had before, i was thinking about going jap and getting one of these as a step up from my 1.2?

Swift Sport
I had a 197 on KW coilovers and caged, used on track a fair bit. Was an awesome car but too expensive for me to own/maintain, so I banked some money and got this. Really like it tbf, nice having something different :)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Looks brilliant Ste, really like it! Would love a go in one, just to see what all the fuss is about!

Swift Sport
Looks brilliant Ste, really like it! Would love a go in one, just to see what all the fuss is about!

In standard form the bodyroll is terrible, and the little skinny wheels offer minimal grip. Having said that, Suzuki knew what they were doing because it drove great. I've never been one to leave cars alone so it was only a matter of time before I started messing! I managed to get the only set off Suzukisport coilovers in the country lol.

Seat Ibiza FR
I remember when you said you weren't going to touch it and leave it standard, lol, i said the same when i first got mine, it's changed a bit since then.
It's looking nice though, keep it up. :D

PH1 172
Looks really good mate think ive seen it on isoc I had one before the clio and loved it to bits it was brilliant on back roads the handling was amazing felt like i was on a stage rally every time i drove it.

Swift Sport
Recent photo...

5427847581_3f024ef3c6_z.jpg

Nothing major modification-wise... De-stickered and new-style wipers. Possibly weighs less than 900kgs atm.

Mustang, S13, AX GT
910kg out of the box IIRC, maybe 940kg but defo 9something haha, so if its stripped it should be under 900 :) Looking good mate!

Swift Sport
910kg out of the box IIRC, maybe 940kg but defo 9something haha, so if its stripped it should be under 900 :) Looking good mate!

Yeah, no rear seats, boot floor, spare or jack... Fair bit of weight lost, it's all in my bedroom wardrobe... My parents love me! lol

IIRC they can out run a S2k...;)

Or even keep up with one on a B-road ;)

Looks smart. Probably give me a decent run in the GTI, driver skill makes up for a lot!

Yeah, I'm guessing I'd give an un-modded 106 Gti a good run. Can't wait to track it, needs better brakes first I think! lol

Thanks for the comments, looks nothing like the day I bought it :)

Swift Sport
I thought that then took it out on track, didn't miss a beat. Maybe a fresh fluid flush/bleed but apart from that I think they're up to the job as they are.

Got anything planned this year? I think the Ignis' should go out in force! I fancy Mallory, never driven it before and I think it would suit the Suzuki perfectly.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I bought the 5-day group buy with Easytrack, only got two dates at Goodwood in the diary so far. My mate's having one of the days and bringing his 200 Cup along...free day for him and I get to beast his car all day :D

Apart from that nothing planned. Make sure you PM me if/when you do book something up.

Swift Sport
I'm half tempted to do a circuit I know so I can get used to the cars limits, but that only really leaves me with Bedford. I've done Oulton, Silverstone and Rockingham too but I've not done enough laps to drive 100% committed, and Bedford is a bit on the big side for a 110bhp car. Is the Goodwood circuit the one they use for the revival weekend? That looks like an awesome circuit!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yep, the standard Goodwood circuit.

I won't be taking Iggy though...it's a very fast circuit (I get well into 5th twice per lap in the Cup) so the Ignis would really struggle and probably spend about 95% of the time at full throttle.

I'm looking for a Brands Indy day mid summer to take the Ignis out...around there it'll really shine and show up some of the big boys LOL.

Bedford's not too bad so long as they don't run the full GT circuit. If a day comes up that fits you date wise let me know, would happliy throw Iggy around there for a day.

Swift Sport
Fair comment. I've only ever done the GT circuit, so a smaller layout would be fine. I don't really want to do a trackday where I spend half the day looking in my mirror moving over for people. Brands would be ace but I'm norf of Birmingham so it's kinda out of reach :(. I'll have a look and see what there is, I'm in the middle of changing jobs so can't commit to anything just yet!

120d M Sport
Definetely want a spin in this! Bet you've been up to your usual tricks of suprising a few folk!

Can you promise I will come out with an intact spine? Russ has told me all about these coilovers lol!

Swift Sport
Definetely want a spin in this! Bet you've been up to your usual tricks of suprising a few folk!

Can you promise I will come out with an intact spine? Russ has told me all about these coilovers lol!

Yes mate, the ride is hard... Very hard! lol

It's a real hoot to drive, it feels very light and very angry. With the rear stripped out and the noisy induction it feels pretty hardcore too. It definately hangs with cars that do sub 8 second 0-60's.

That would be great fun around Oulton.

I hoping to book something in the spring, all my modifications have been with the intentions of tracking it... I can't wait to see how it performs! Due to the lack of weight it feels quite scary at speed, which adds to the excitement!

Swift Sport
The Ignis that is now named 'Lil' Ba5tard' was treated to its first trackday at Bedford for the EVO Magazine track session. To say that I am impressed with its performance is putting it mildly.

Here's a quick video from the evening along with Warren in his Clio 200, bear in mind that my car has only 109bhp...

(Skip to 7:40 if you just want to see me spin ;))

Last edited by a moderator:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Looks very good, Handles Bedford well although the full 1km straight looked quite painful! How much was the 200 really on it? What have you done to the brakes and how did you find them? I'm really tempted to put mine around Goodwood this summer, but worry that it'll be a bit boring being such a fast circuit. Having said that, it'll be pretty much flat out through every turn which will be quite a challenge!