ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Downpipe problem

Okay. ive been having abit of a problem with my exhaust recently. The downpipe from the manifold blows at the bit where it connects before the cat is blowing quite severely. (where the 2 springs are)

anyway. i hope your still following...

ive tried to replace this part, ive rung renault 3 times and given them my reg. But the only part they have available is a small approx 1mm thickness gasket and that isnt what i require!!

What can i do? ive confused myself even more writting this pish :quiet::(

Also cant be welded because it is cast :(

please help. and please excuse my poor knowledge of renault exhaust systems

Black 197
Happened to me.. Was under the car every week tightening up the bolts to no avail, Its such a crappy designed join. I replaced my cat and got the center section cut out and replaced it with a straight through pipe, Cost £270 all in on my 182. I do feel for you though as its the most horrid sound under acceleration, as i say i tried everything from new bolts to paste all sorts but in the end replacing it has done the trick plus the exhaust center cut the stupid spring design join out and put my cat neck inside the manifold and used a clamp instead.. Rock solid job done

Hope that helps

Thanks alot Rossy!

its booked in to a garage on thursday so hopefully it will be sorted.

Thanks again.

Megane 225
Okay. ive been having abit of a problem with my exhaust recently. The downpipe from the manifold blows at the bit where it connects before the cat is blowing quite severely. (where the 2 springs are)

anyway. i hope your still following...

ive tried to replace this part, ive rung renault 3 times and given them my reg. But the only part they have available is a small approx 1mm thickness gasket and that isnt what i require!!

What can i do? ive confused myself even more writting this pish :quiet::(

Also cant be welded because it is cast :(

please help. and please excuse my poor knowledge of renault exhaust systems

You can def buy an exhaust gasket kit for that join, gives you a thicket wire mesh gasket thing, and the bolts and springs. Think it's aroung £40 tho for the kit! I'll get a part number later when I'm home!