ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Dragons Breath

133/225/CLS AMG
I have heard it is much the same as Iron-X and works similarly as well, basically a chemical that attacks iron fallout.

My friend's company produces a product called De-Iron Me which is much the same as Dragonsbreath and I see why they called it that. I guess it contains sulphur as bloody stinks.

Either way, it's amazing to see that even on a wheel you've cleaned up the amount of crap it can still remove.

As above, it's a fallout remover. What are you after, Lee? And how're you big guy - how's the BG182?

clio 182 black /gold
Hi Jamie, I am fine and dandy. The BG 182 is still going. 8 1/2 years now. Just hope you dont look to close at my paint lol. The wheels on a hold are fairly clean. Or so they look it. I just want something that will get all the brake dust off and make them clean. I use Billberry as my regular clean. If i dont clean them for a couple of weeks they look like their is grime on them. Even after using billberry, Thanks Lee.

Hi Jamie, I am fine and dandy. The BG 182 is still going. 8 1/2 years now. Just hope you dont look to close at my paint lol. The wheels on a hold are fairly clean. Or so they look it. I just want something that will get all the brake dust off and make them clean. I use Billberry as my regular clean. If i dont clean them for a couple of weeks they look like their is grime on them. Even after using billberry, Thanks Lee.

Good to hear chap!

In that case, clean as normal then use IronX on them. I say IronX as it seems most of the products released after IronX are not quite up to the bar set by the original product.

This will remove all iron contaminants. So wash, dab dry (doesn't need to be bone dry), IronX spray on, leave to dwell, jet wash off. Then dry, clay, polish and seal them, as you would your paint. This will get them back to being clean as a whistle and by sealing them, they will stay that way with just soapy water/weak dilution of bilberry.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's not as good as IX but then again it's not the same price and nothing really is as good as IX. Bilt Hamber is one well worth looking at mate, stunning wheel cleaner with iron dissolving.

clio 182 black /gold
Good to hear chap!

In that case, clean as normal then use IronX on them. I say IronX as it seems most of the products released after IronX are not quite up to the bar set by the original product.

This will remove all iron contaminants. So wash, dab dry (doesn't need to be bone dry), IronX spray on, leave to dwell, jet wash off. Then dry, clay, polish and seal them, as you would your paint. This will get them back to being clean as a whistle and by sealing them, they will stay that way with just soapy water/weak dilution of bilberry.

It's not as good as IX but then again it's not the same price and nothing really is as good as IX. Bilt Hamber is one well worth looking at mate, stunning wheel cleaner with iron dissolving.

Thanks guys. Just what i needed a bit of top advice. I will try IX 1st :D.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Clean the wheels properly first like JD said then it'll let IX do what it does best. May take 2 hits, maybe more depending on how bad they are. :)