ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drift car appreciation thread...

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
... i thought i would carry on this theme of appreciation threads as we seem to do pretty good with them as a collective, here are a few to start:

IMG_9790.jpg

DSC_1872.jpg

2.jpg

DSC_9365.jpg

DSC_8897.jpg

DSC_3669.jpg

DSC_2017.jpg

DSC_6081.jpg

DSC_7290.jpg

carry on people...

Red, stickers, bride seats. Actually looked quite cool in a "look at me" sort of way.

I bet he gets pulled five times a night, however.

2.2 bar shed.
This thread needs more tramp. Big budget drift cars dont impress me at all anymore, just seems far too clinical.

11334_101721_full.jpg

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
and tramp drifters just make it look like a cheap pikey event.

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Jason, how do the volvo 340's go with a welded diff? Onces popped up for sale just some scrunty shitter like.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the volvo nor the sierra are cool people that drive them are the same guys that are 35 yrs old and go to a cruise every week lol!!!

thats not drifting in the v6 thats going round in loads of circles.... and needing a clutch change lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My mate has a 340 drift thing, he killed the gearbox in a day so I doubt they are that reliable, but it could have just been his one. That has a valver engine too, which reminds me if anyone has a box for a 340 laying around he needs one.

Don't be hatin' Malice. Not all of us are high rollers like yourself, it's a cheap way to get into the sport. It's not exactly Chavvy, considering chavs laugh at me for driving a MK1 Golf I'd hate to think what they'd say to a Volvo 340.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
when u can pick up a s13 for like 500 quid... a volvo is pointless atleast the s13 has a good chassis lol

2.2 bar shed.
when u can pick up a s13 for like 500 quid... a volvo is pointless atleast the s13 has a good chassis lol

S13's are less reliable than the Volvo's! Look at the price of spares for a Volvo, then look at the JDM tax on S bodies.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
lol you assume i dont know what im doing with an s body?? the amount of s13's and s14's i have taken apart or fixed plus pretty much everything can be done stupidly cheap lol! gearboxes can be had for under 50 quid... engines about 250... turbo's well i can get piss easy and cheap... everything else is again cheap, plus its turbo and i can do and engine swap in about 5 hours lol!

there is no jdm tax on a s13 lol if you know what your doing...

and they arent unreliable lol if you know what your doing

if you had 1k and i had 1k you buy a volvo and prep it and i buy an s13... bet you another grand the s13 is more fun and lasts longer.