ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drilled and grooved brakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio sport ph1 172
hi all,

i getting some drilledand grooved brakes all round at the end of the month for my ph1 172 i may be thick here but which way do the grooves go?? there in a kinda spirral and just wonder if they face towards the front or back of the car?????

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
The grooves wil be the same whatever set you go for and the spirals should be going anti-clockwise IIRC

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
passenger side

3376256548_5600e2f1ba.jpg

clio sport ph1 172
i see so the grooves go against the pads so to pick up the air to keep cool. thanks for the pic its a great help :)
do you notice better braking with them fitted???

2001 172,VW Touran
I have drilled and grooved discs on my 172. And i cant wait to put standard or grooved discs back on.

LY FF182
Some people fit them different way round depending on application, heat, usage. Depending which way they go, it'll either help the brakes get up to temp or keep them from over heating.

It's the vanes inside the 'vented' part you need to take note of

Disks like the ones pictured above it doesn't matter which way they go on, as long as the vanes inside the disc are facing the right way

Status
Not open for further replies.