ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive out to Buttertubs.

Had a day off so went all Ken Block and took the car out to Buttertubs/North Yorks. It was pretty overcast so not brilliant for pictures and by the time I'd stopped the car was absolutely filthy, which is the way it'll stay all winter probably 😊.

IMG_4006_zps34ab12c5.jpg

IMG_4008_zpsc38a6407.jpg

IMG_4025_zpse0f27d8c.jpg

IMG_4028_zps9c74f9db.jpg

IMG_4031_zpsc8a4cc34.jpg

IMG_4021_zps3bd1ef12.jpg

IMG_4018_zpsafb3b017.jpg

IMG_3982_zpsea492827.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
I've always wanted to do this road but it's in the middle of nowhere and goes nowhere. I said I do it while my wife had her Abarth 500 but we got rid of that in March.

I need a job/meeting round there so I can take a detour to do it. Was there much traffic I can't imagine there being anyone around.

gudger12345

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 172
Amazing roads, we should arrange a meet.
Could go to hawes and visit the waterfall that Robin Hood (Kevin Spacey one) was filmed at, its rather nice and have awesome roads to and from

Looking good :smiley:.

Cheers mate

Lovely, where in Leeds are you from?

Headingley/Meanwood area mate

These roads look sick man! I want to come next time :smiley:

Sure thing hopefully we will get a drive meet sorted soonish if the weather stays mild. Although coming up to Christmas tends to be a busy time so maybe it'll be in the new year. How you finding the sportline/standard combo?

I've always wanted to do this road but it's in the middle of nowhere and goes nowhere. I said I do it while my wife had her Abarth 500 but we got rid of that in March.

I need a job/meeting round there so I can take a detour to do it. Was there much traffic I can't imagine there being anyone around.

Careful don't let on the good people of Cracoe, Hawes or Giggleswick hear you say their road goes knowhere!!!

Yeah it was good fun, there was a bit of traffic about but not enough to prevent having a good time.

Nice mate! Love it up around there.

Ta! It's funny but i spend so much time in that car commuting and driving around for work and so little time enjoying the thing properly.

Awesome mate. I tend to drive it atleast 3 to 4 times a year.

I'll arrange a Yorkshire driving meet in the spring for up there.

Skipton - Ribblehead - Hawes - Buttertubs

Sounds good! Im off to Masham for a few days at new year so might do your route from 2012. How did you plot the route on google maps? And can you get it work like a sat nav so i just bang it in the phone and follow it? My geography is appalling.

Cio 172 Cup,Porsche
There is another fantastic road use for a meet, the Huddersfield to Rochdale A640.
i know the road to Buttertubs, and others around that area that are also good( I live in Adel incidentally)

Sounds good! Im off to Masham for a few days at new year so might do your route from 2012. How did you plot the route on google maps? And can you get it work like a sat nav so i just bang it in the phone and follow it? My geography is appalling.

You can't plot the route into your phone/sat nav unfortunately. Just a case of doing it on google maps on the laptop and writing down each place name, and firing it into the sat nav.

Once you've done it once though you tend to remember the route.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Nick the springs are great cheers! The thing that's letting it down is the mis-matched budget tyres up front but i've got my PS3's ready to fit tomorrow so I want to test them, this road you posted kind of looks ideal for it!