ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive-shaft problem or power-steering?

Mk5 Golf Gti
Hi guys,

Moved this to the more appropriate section, only had my 182 Cup since Friday last week and I have lets say, not had the best of luck with it so far! Anyway, the other day I was setting off in first gear just in a straight line and it made a vibrating/juddering feel through the clutch pedal. Didn't think too much of this as it only happened once..

However, last night when I was turning the car on full lock (not every single time it was on full lock just once/twice) i felt a similar kind of thing, but this time the vibration wasn't coming through the pedal I could feel it through the whole front end of the car...

Now I'm a bit stuck on what this could be, there is plenty of power steering fluid, so im not sure whether it could be that? Or speaking to a friend of mine who also owns a 182 has suggested it could be worn bearings on the drive shaft, this is due to the car being lowered previously!

What do you guys think, bit worried to be honest as I haven't had the car long!

Thanks,

Joe