ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver side drive shaft... Pain in the ass!!

I'm currently changing my clutch, the dive shaft on the passenger side pretty much fell out after the 3 bolts were undone. Driver side things aren't going do well. I've undone the two 13mm bolts holding it in (I assume) and it honestly won't move for s**t. I've soaked it in Wd40 where it goes in the box and whacked the side of it with a hammer and no joy, not even 1mm :dapprove:

Am I going about it wrong? Does the driver side shaft have to come out to drop the box and has anyone got any ideas/tips. Help GREATLY appreciated. Cheers m'beautys...

Clio 172
Could try unbolting the centre bearing carrier from the block if its the centre bearing stuck (assuming this is a 2 piece shaft), 3 x 13mm bolts iirc.

Still no joy... Is brute force gonna make or break it...?? I e already smashed it on the side of it with the hammer mind

monaco 172
I unbolted the bearing carrier to give a bit more play.

Then got a big flat head screwdriver, placed it on the end of the shaft where it sleeves over the shaft coming out of the box and gently tapped it with a hammer untill it came away.

Also, I unbolted the complete hub assembly from the wishbone and suspension to remove the lot rather than take the hub nut off.

This is just a f**king nightmare... I'm going with that same method, it just won't come off. Ill get one of my merts round tomoz to yank at it while I bar and hammer it I think. I'm starting to get aggy now aha

if I blow torch it is it gonna catch on fire?