ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driver Side Xenon - Flickers and Gone a blue colour (Clio 172 - 52 plate)

Ph2 172 (black bean)
Just recently the drivers side xenon has changed colour (to a blue instead of the white before) and started flickering on start up, sometimes going off. If I switch the lights to side lights then back to dipped or auto it will usually flicker and then stay on.

I'm not sure if its the bulb, ballast or igniter and having read some past posts it could be any combination.

Given that its a PITA to change any of the above and also parts aint cheap I want to make sure I figure out what exactly it is.

Swap the passenger side bulb and driver side bulb over?
If the driver side stays blue when its connected in the passenger side you know its the bulb.
I think the symptoms you've described are usually when the bulb is going.

Ph2 172 (black bean)
OK cheers, some people seem to say you can do this without taking the bumper off. Is it just remove the cap at the back of the lights and remove the bulb or best to get the front bumper off?

PB Clio 172
I had this problem and both my bulb and my ballast went at the same time, change both ! Bulbs are expensive but I did mine drivers side without taking the bumper off ! Not sure about the other side though !