ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivers door clunk when opening...............

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
...............wondering if anyone has part number / approx price for a door catch / door that stops the door from opening too far as mine makes a horrible noise!! Need to replace it asap as the door card is coming off next week anyway to lube the window winder.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Door Check strap.

I think if you do a search, theres a few threads on here.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I don't quite know how to explain it, but this happened on my grandad's clio. In the door shut on the car side theres a screw (about t50 torx). Tighten it.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Mines does this to, sounds so crap when i open the door.

172 cup- suzu rf600r
mine was doing this when i first got it, just tighten the torque nut where the strap attaches to the car below the a pillar, should sort it

CLIO 172 CUP....
mine did this once when i left the door open in the pissing rain when i was doing some think but just sprayed wd40 and it whent away...

220 Trophy, EVO 8
So basically this is the thing that needs to be replaced?

zadrzalo.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't quite know how to explain it, but this happened on my grandad's clio. In the door shut on the car side theres a screw (about t50 torx). Tighten it.

So basically this is the thing that needs to be replaced?

zadrzalo.jpg
Both correct if the screw (50 torq head) is not tight then it'll be clicking if it is tight then you need a new check strap. :)

220 Trophy, EVO 8
OK, just back from Renault and it costs 30EUR. Will swap it 2morrow. Thanks for all your help. I really hope this will solve the terrible clunking.

Mk5 golf gti
it doesnt need replacing its because the join is slipping under the tourqe bolts

they just need tightening

220 Trophy, EVO 8
it doesnt need replacing its because the join is slipping under the tourqe bolts

they just need tightening

I tried that first thing when I read this topic but the door still made the same noise so I guess the check straps are worn out. Thats why I went to Renault and bought a new one.

220 Trophy, EVO 8
Just replaced and the door now opens as new! Satisfied!

slika1.jpg

New vs old

slika3.jpg

slika2.jpg

Part n. is 77 00 842 857 costs 31,09 EUR at Renault.

Scenic III
Had the same issue on my Scenic III. Turned out the two bolts holding the strap to the door were loose. I tightened the two 10mm bolts and lubed the thing with spray grease and now it is as good as new. The torx-40 bolt on the car side was tight, so it took me a while to figure it out.

Attachments

• C93824AD-D40A-4310-8F86-2FC9746C38FE.jpeg
    C93824AD-D40A-4310-8F86-2FC9746C38FE.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 42
  • 0CA2CF85-6559-4B24-B82E-6DAD5BCCFD9A.jpeg
    0CA2CF85-6559-4B24-B82E-6DAD5BCCFD9A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48