ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drivers side drive shaft ( pics)

172 cup
I bumped my car and the drive shaft come out, can anyone tell me if this part in the pic is suppose to come off or would I leave it on and just slide the new drive shaft into it, it was a bit damaged tho , also I think they have give me the wrong shaft after I clearly asked for the right hand side one! ( one peace )

Attachments

• IMG_0480.JPG
    IMG_0480.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0477.JPG
    IMG_0477.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0472.JPG
    IMG_0472.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 117

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I bumped my car and the drive shaft come out, can anyone tell me if this part in the pic is suppose to come off or would I leave it on and just slide the new drive shaft into it, it was a bit damaged tho , also I think they have give me the wrong shaft after I clearly asked for the right hand side one! ( one peace )
If your car is a cup then you've been given the correct driveshaft mate. It's only the full fat 172/182's that had the equal length shafts. They only reduce torque steer (minimally) so you'll be fine with the correct shaft.

172 cup
thanks for the reply and sorry I sound like such a idiot! do u know what I can do to get the black housing / casing off? I thought It just pulled off! the new shaft in the picture looks a bit longer will it wtill be ok?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
thanks for the reply and sorry I sound like such a idiot! do u know what I can do to get the black housing / casing off? I thought It just pulled off! the new shaft in the picture looks a bit longer will it wtill be ok?
No problem. The part that's left needs to come off and be thrown in the bin. The bracket will be bolted up to the back of the block, then it should just slide off the splines at the gearbox end mate.

172 cup
the black housing / casing is that one peace to the bearing and shaft that goes into the gear box? coz the shaft that's on looks like this ( pic)

Attachments

• $(KGrHqR,!i!E7DgefMtZBO7yIBCHG!~~60_57.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!i!E7DgefMtZBO7yIBCHG!~~60_57.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 77
  172 cup
does the end ( in the pic) fit into the clamp where the bearing is?

Attachments

• IMG_0473.JPG
    IMG_0473.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 121

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
the black housing / casing is that one peace to the bearing and shaft that goes into the gear box? coz the shaft that's on looks like this ( pic)
You need to forget this style shaft now mate.

does the end ( in the pic) fit into the clamp where the bearing is?
This end goes on to the shaft that comes of the gearbox mate. When you remove the old section of shaft all will become clear. :up:

172 cup
ok thanks mate. I'm just having trouble getting the black casing / housing away from the bearing any ideas why or how I get it off. as u can see in the pic the casing is to the left of the photo and the baring next to it and the shaft going to the box, sorry to sound stupid just trying to get it correct thanks for the help

Attachments

• IMG_0478.JPG
    IMG_0478.JPG
    790.3 KB · Views: 78

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
ok thanks mate. I'm just having trouble getting the black casing / housing away from the bearing any ideas why or how I get it off. as u can see in the pic the casing is to the left of the photo and the baring next to it and the shaft going to the box, sorry to sound stupid just trying to get it correct thanks for the help
With all the bolts undone the housing should just come away from the block mate. Failing that, give it some encouragement with a persuader. 🔨🔨:wink:

172 cup
the casing isn't connected to the block mate did you mean undo the bolts awhere the bearing is and persuade it?