ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

drivers side suspension. DROPPED VERY LOW :( not a healthy low :(

DCI100
drove out my workshop down the road and all of a sudden the drivers side suspension was really low as if a spring had snapped at the front.

Took it back to the workshop jacked it up, and the spring hadn't snapped. its an apex 60mm lowering spring and it now has movement in by the seems of it. could it be cracked or damaged to make it weaker?

can't see any other obvious explanation... help would defo be appreciated on this one!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The only reason the suspension would sink is if the springs snapped.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
speak to you on fb bud, think i know what it is. after checking those things dan and that have said above first.

edit: you was messing with anti role bar bushes today, you havent knocked anything into such an angle that its dropped on that side?

DCI100
will strip it down tomorrow, put standard springs on and see where it sits then. hate my car sometimes... cheers boys

edit: springs are second had so not sure, but are seemingly in good condition

DCI100
Hope so, i just want to get these coilys i'm buying fitted. then will have all new bushes and mostly new suspension. then life should be good. i hope.

Checked your suspension rubber bush thing? If the rubber is knackered it might have dropped through the hole where the top mount sits when the weight of the car sat on it...

DCI100
I had thought of that mate, there brand new rubbers and top mounts :( spring seems to compress and move a little to easy on this side compared to the other.

As Daniel said the height of the car is set by the springs any change in that is down to them..plus Apex don'y help

Dampers will have nothing to do with it unless they have shat the fluid out but even then the height wouldn't change