ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driveshaft circlip

The circlip on my nearside driveshaft where it joins the gearbox has decided to slip out again causing the problem of no drive.

I replaced the parts with new Renault items when it did it a couple of months back.

I am looking for a definitive solution for this now and if what I have read is correct the options available are:

- Spot weld it in
- Drill some holes and bolt it in
- Buy the Renfort part off eBay and fit that
- Buy 182 gearbox as I understand they are bolt in type as standard

I don't really want to go for the last option due to expense and also that I won't know the condition of the gearbox. Also can't really be bothered with the hassle.

With regards to modifying the existing setup what is the most effective option?

Thanks.

Have you done this? If so is it a job that can be done with the gearbox still in place? I would prefer to avoid having to remove the box if possible.

Weld won't hold. Renfort plate is the best way.

My I my concern with that is that I need to get my car back on the road and that will take a while to arrive.

Is is it possible to drill holes in the existing clip and bolt that in?

My I my concern with that is that I need to get my car back on the road and that will take a while to arrive.

Is is it possible to drill holes in the existing clip and bolt that in?

There isn't enough "meat" on the circlip to drill and bolt it correctly. The renfort plates ive orderd in the past have arrived in under 5 working days.