ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driveshaft

www.renparts.co.uk
knocking when turning... easy to change... even if its the n/s but you do have to drop the gearbox oil... good excuse to change it i suppose.

sounds like its gone then.

its the nearside thats doing the knocking. im scared to change it myself.

expensive?

sounds like its gone then.

its the nearside thats doing the knocking. im scared to change it myself.

expensive?

£120 or so from Renault on exchange £80 second hand or so loads of plates will do copy cat parts for similar monye.
Remember if its the passengerside you'll need new gearbox oil (stupid sticking the old stuff in IMO) and a new sump washer for 10p.

Not to difficult to DIY say 1 hours laour maybe half and hour extra for passenger side.

thanks edde.

i wouldnt know how to remove the shaft to replace it, so best to take it to Rentech i think.

J

Jim NM

I've changed many on a Ren 5 Gtt's not a bad job. Near side is more messy. gear box oil is awful stuff! I am not sure about the Clio yet, drivers side roll pin removal, you need the right size punch or it will take ages to do. I would assume the clio has one?

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
be very careful with exchange shafts & second hand ones,my mates amechanic at renault and he said when theyve fitted exchange nearside shafts the passenger airbags have been going off

Clio 182
the drivers side shaft is easy to replace. there r no roll pins to remove (which is good) I find it easier to take the 2 strut bolts off the hub. So u can pull the hub down and slide the shaft out ov 1 side of the hub. the only other thing u need to remove is the 30mm driveshaft bolt as that is all that holds the shaft in place. just might b a bit awkward to get bak in as the end of the shaft is a lot less flexible than the new 1. Hope this helps :)