ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drivin Tunes

have to admit that a few weeks ago i was throughing some stuff out and found an old pair of white gloves and whistle! i blame the doves for making me use that stuff!

350z & 16v Maxi

Alymac, Ultra-Sonic are the biz, fantastic!!! Rez, oh yes!!! I remember that, i was too young to go to it but i had every tape!!!

Anyway back on subject!!

Anything by, Eminem, 50 Cent, D12, Snoop, N.E.R.D., OBIE TRICE!!!, Royce da 59, Mobb Deep, O.C., Pac, Nas,

I dunno, I leave for an hour and I come back to you lot taking atrip down memory lane!

You cant beat a bit of Chicane for those long road trips, have to put it on when the suns going down, drivin in the dusk with it on is amazing.

Hybrid, I just got the Wider Angle double album a month ago, its superb.

I got the PvD vorsprung CD, that was really good too, got lots of his albums, probably all really.

And, I remember the Top Gun music, "~# into the danger zone #~"

some of the best music is on the soundtracks

Lee

BMW M2C

I did have the first Chicane album mp3d at work but have since lost it. I prefered that to the 2nd one, some real classics on it.

The only other PVD Ive got is Out There and Back and the Politics of Dancing. Both fine albums again.

*highway to the danger zone*

ok ok, highway to the danger zone!! it was almost 15-20 years ago!

I got far from the maddening crowd, whatever the second oneis called and the "chilled" cd, all good.

THE GREATEST CRUISIN TUNE UNDER THE SUN HAS GOT TO BE......

MR Es Beautiful Blues (The Eels)

EVERYONE MUST HAVE IT

(if u dont know what it is its off of road trip (very good))

:cool: been diggin out loads of stuff since this thread the other day and at the risk of sounding like an old fart they dont make em like they used to

My best cruising tunes...!

DMX- Slipping

Kurupt - I call shots

The Lox - Ride or Die chick

Lil Zane - What must i do

Nas - It was written

Ice Cube - Playas club

All mint! :oops:

Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All and the black album always work for me. Can´t wait for St.Anger...

Then there is always Maiden, Sabbath, Blind Guardian and Zeppelin.

Metal all the way for me, dont fancy that thump music:cry:

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 10 May 2003

:cool: been diggin out loads of stuff since this thread the other day and at the risk of sounding like an old fart they dont make em like they used to
My boss was reading this thread the other day. He mentioned that when dance music was in its prime during the early 90s he was still into 80s music and considered an old fart. Now us lovers of dance are seen as the old fars :eek:

Not that I care, I dont just listen to dance/trance, but its my prefered choice :cool:

same as, im 24 but am starting to feel father time catching me up, walk into a night club look around and think the place is full of kids :(

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Only got Kazza a couple of weeks ago so Ive mostly been downloading all my favourite music from the last five years. The best find so far has to be Candi Staton feat The Source - You got the Love. Feckin ace track.

Also listening to Queens of the Stone Age, 50 cent, Missy Elliott, The Vines, Best of Euphoria compilation and The Fugees - The Score (My favourite album ever!)

Rick

same as, im 24 but am starting to feel father time catching me up, walk into a night club look around and think the place is full of kids :(
Wait till you hit 27!!! I must admit though I dont look round and think "im old" I think you lucky gits youve got loads more years of clubbing to do. Ive cut down on my going out now but I never miss and old skool night and make the odd trip to helter skelter nights.

The old tunes (IMHO) are the best with out them (and tony de vit of course) dance wouldnt sound the same today, but dance is more confused hard house, hard trance, tech trance,trance core, Nu NRG (face it its a fashionable hard house) etc etc. The trouble is now dance is popular and marketed where as before it was kept underground and wasnt so manufactured. It had feelin.

Rant over :D

Any way back on subject Bizarre Inc - playing with knives

playing with knives, classic tune, some of the shamen stuff was cool too my mate has their greatest hits and hearing it takes me back to my yoof *said with a a tearful smile* LOL

Megane 225 baby! :)

omg - have you lot been looking at my record collection or something???? :eek: the memories have just flooded back to me (some good, some bad!) and I have to agree that Top Gun is one of the greatest ever soundtracks - was one of the first CDs I ever brought!!!! :oops:

GR7

Shiny red R32

playing with knives, classic tune, some of the Shamen stuff was cool too my mate has their greatest hits and hearing it takes me back to my yoof *said with a a tearful smile* LOL
Reminds me of when I saw the Shamen along with Wet Wet Wet in 1986 at Barrfields Pavilion in Largs, Ayrshire, just before both made records - an audience of about 100. I was with my friend whose brother often played guitar with the Wets and we went partying with them after the gig and had a good laugh. At the time I thought that Marti Pellow & Co were great and the Shamen were a bit different. What has happened to the Shamen?

Megane 225 baby! :)

didnt think Mr C wasnt the band leader - thought it was the guy with the black hair and glasses!!!!

GR - you lucky thing partying with the Wets, i wish!!! Always had a big thing for Marti - scrummy or what!!!!!!!

I currently listen to ...

Tracy Chapman, Eric Clapton, Phil Collins, Dire Straights, Robbie Robertson, Jimmy Hendrix

and every now and again ill stick a bit of Linkin Park or Offspring on, or maybe a bit of dance music to get me ready for a night out :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Sawa172 on 10 May 2003

didnt think Mr C wasnt the band leader - thought it was the guy with the black hair and glasses!!!!
GR - you lucky thing partying with the Wets, i wish!!! Always had a big thing for Marti - scrummy or what!!!!!!!

"Wishing you were Lucky" Sawa172? I saw them getting changed in the dressing room too!!!! Didnt realise at the time that they would all become as famous as they did. Also playing with them was a group called "This Perfect Heart" and I was friends with two of them, John Cameron and Carol Laula, who changed her then Chrissy Hind/Pretenders style" and went on to sing solo in a folky sort of way and John still produces her albums now. Carol is very popular in the States and tours all over the place including the UK.

http://www.carollaula.co.uk/carol19.jpg

Concert reviews
Carol Laula has an exceptional voice which possesses clarity, persuasion and truth. Unplugged she is reminiscent of Joni Mitchell of the Blue album phase, and when the four piece band she appeared with last night found a lighter touch she justifies comparison with Nanci Griffith.

Scots singer-singwriter extraordinaire, Carol Laula is adept at cutting through to the heart of the matter, usually armed only with a gee-tar and a hint of harmonica. She can rock out and fill all the multi-tracks when she has to: on numbers like the pounding Tragedy Waltz, her band show they are more than capable of holding their own. The forward looking Raincloud Court is similarly energetic, this time in a Joan Armatrading Country mode, but ultimately it the quieter pieces in which Laula makes her mark.

320d M Sport

Yeah Mr C is bigger now than he was in his Shamen Days! He runs The End club in london, has his own label and is very much in demand!

Id wipe the floor with him tho;)