ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Driving a V6

Drove it to Southampton yesterday, it is sooooo wonderful, I can find nothing wrong with it at all - everything about it makes me smile ! :cool: :D:D:D:D:D

Hubby has it today, so well see if he agrees later !

I thoroughly recommend one for everybody !! :D

One day...........

......... I want a garage with a Williams, 172 and V6 !

I can but dream !

Glad you are enjoying the car, lets face it, there was never any doubt about that !

:)

I dont think I will ever be earning the kind of money where I can warrant having a 172 and Cup, too much of the same car but then that is another story !

Lets not get off topic, we should bask in the glory that is the V6 !

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by specialK on 10 February 2004

Drove it to Southampton yesterday, it is sooooo wonderful, I can find nothing wrong with it at all - everything about it makes me smile ! :cool: :D:D:D:D:D

What a joy it is to open up the forum to find this as the first post to read.

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

it is sooooo wonderful, I can find nothing wrong with it at all - everything about it makes me smile ! :cool: :D:D:D:D:D
Had mine out over the weekend. Driving down a dual-carraigeway and some knob in front throws a coke can out of there window.

Clattered straight into that huge nose on the V6. Not a happy chappy.:mad:

GR7

Shiny red R32

Pleased to hear that you are loving your new baby! Maybe hubby wont like it and you will get to drive it every day! ;) How much clearance is there underneath the front and rear bumpers Kathy? Could you fit a tin of baked beans underneath the front?

I get to drive it more or less every day anyway GR - so doesnt make any difference, and there is not a cat in hells chance that hubby wont like it !!!

Baked bean can standing upright? No idea, but I will check for you and let you know - it has very little clearance on the front I can say that !

Leon TDI

Is the turning circle as noticable as the Top gear review made it out to look?

But who cares anyway, the car is pure sex!!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by Woof on 10 February 2004

i dont think thats a V6 issue, last time i tried to do a 3 point turn in my 1.2 it took about 8!!

Lionel Richie

Baked bean can standing upright? No idea, but I will check for you and let you know - it has very little clearance on the front I can say that !
It needs coilovers K!!!! I can see daylight!!!!

Megane 225

Ditto on the clearance question - you cant escape my street without going over speed humps, might have to move. ;)

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 10 February 2004

Pleased to hear that you are loving your new baby! Maybe hubby wont like it and you will get to drive it every day! ;) How much clearance is there underneath the front and rear bumpers Kathy? Could you fit a tin of baked beans underneath the front?
I dont think youll fit a baked beans can sideways under the front, this is my problem with the V6 :( I could fint my foot under the front but there wasnt much room.

Quote: Originally posted by Tomclio182 on 10 February 2004

i dont think thats a V6 issue, last time i tried to do a 3 point turn in my 1.2 it took about 8!!
a 3 point turn in 8 would be a definite result - call it 16 !!!!! the turning circle is .... well, Im not sure you can even call it a turning "circle" !!

but, as above, who cares !!!!!!!!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by James on 10 February 2004

I believe there is more clearance under the MK2 bumper. ( no flexible strip etc )
no, there is no splitter, but still not a lot of room !!!

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

I believe there is more clearance under the MK2 bumper. ( no flexible strip etc )
no, there is no splitter, but still not a lot of room !!!
Certainly not enough room for a coke can to go under at 80 mph.

Megane 225 baby! :)

I hope that my fellow Sotonians were nice to you and the especially nice to the V6 - cant believe it was that close to me and I didnt see it!!!! :cry:

S2000

This car is faaaaaaantasitic yeeehaaaaaaa

It sticks to the road like glue and the sheer urgency of it is amazing. It just goes and goes and goes some more. Finished running it in today and I always thought it sounded great but when you take it past 5k revs it rooooars hehe I luuuuurve it :D

you can stand a can of beans under the front. The clearance is 12cm

Philip - do tell more about these mods (for future reference of course ;) ) I always said it deserves 300bhp

E36 323i coupe

I had a fox under mine the other night :(

Easy.... lets keep this clean!

Spec C 12.5@110 (345/355)

Slugger, whats traction like off the line, feel any slippage when pulling away semi briskly. What tyres does it come with?

Are you sure its just that you cant do 3 point turns ;)

S2000

Tom1600 - official running in is the same yes, 625 miles

Paul - Not done any fast starts pulling away in a straight line yet, well fast (cant help that :) )but not like racing starts or anything. Putting foot down coming off roundabouts or out of bends there is no slipping at all the thing just sticks and shoves it round exactly where you point it.

Quote: Originally posted by Lunner on 10 February 2004

Are you sure its just that you cant do 3 point turns ;)

erm - bit cheeky that sir !!!! :eek: ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Slugger on 10 February 2004

This car is faaaaaaantasitic yeeehaaaaaaa

It sticks to the road like glue and the sheer urgency of it is amazing. It just goes and goes and goes some more. Finished running it in today and I always thought it sounded great but when you take it past 5k revs it rooooars hehe I luuuuurve it :D

you can stand a can of beans under the front. The clearance is 12cm

Philip - do tell more about these mods (for future reference of course ;) ) I always said it deserves 300bhp

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: