ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driving at night

aero
anyone else get really bad eye strain from driving these clio's at night?

the orange dials burn into my retinas, was only about 100 miles lastnight aswell

turning the brightness down does nuffin

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
lol what?

If turning the brightness down does "nuffin" maybe the switch is broke?

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
You could be getting night myopia (your eyes becoming more short sighted at night). Get an eye test.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
i have a wee button on my car that when i press it it turns off all the dash lights except the speedo, and even on that all it shows is the speed, no fuel fuage, odometer, enging temp, radio, climate control rev conter, its awsome. only works when the head lights are on, stopps you getting distracted at night.

i have a wee button on my car that when i press it it turns off all the dash lights except the speedo, and even on that all it shows is the speed, no fuel fuage, odometer, enging temp, radio, climate control rev conter, its awsome. only works when the head lights are on, stopps you getting distracted at night.

guide needed tbh :)

M2 Competition
Id get an eye test dude. Night driving puts a lot of strain on your eyes, can affect short sightedness as warren says.

Lots of people require glasses just for driving, especially at night.

Also, on the clio's ive owned you can turn dials down until theyre almost not lit, does yours do this or are they still pretty bright?

BMW 323i Coupe
I only have a problem with sight when theres inconsiderate b******s with their fogs and full beams on.

1.5 Clio Dynamique
i use glasses for driving and it helps alot

personally i love driving at night and i just get that feeling of wow

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
i prefer driving at night. i also love driving in the rain. Great times, also, id get your dash dimmer looked at if it aint *dimming*

:)

Ph1 172.
Does anybody find the non xenon lights don't give off a huge amount of light? and yes, i have got them turned on. :rasp: I often turn on the fogs to compensate. :dapprove:

BMW E92/Audi S3
So weird you made this thread. My mate said the same about his megane about an hour ago..

Very strange indeed.

T'is why I love the Cupra-R dials!
Change them to blue.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
Probably a feature of a Citroen C4!!

It is in deed, the car has loads of nice wee features like this. although they do suffer froma phenominon of slight double vision from their windscreens particularly at night, well the oldies of the c4owners complaine of it, it happens on mine every now and again but it appears to be caused by condensation inthe inside of the glass, all i need to do is press the screen demister,and the double vision dissapears after a few seconds. But no none on there believes me thats all it is and not that they need a perscription windscreen

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
So weird you made this thread. My mate said the same about his megane about an hour ago..

Very strange indeed.

T'is why I love the Cupra-R dials!
Change them to blue.

Indeed, blue dials ftw. Turn the brightness right down at night and they give off a nice subtle glow that's not distracting.

Jun

Pearl Black 172 ph2
I don't have a dial for turning down the brightness of the dials. It has never bothered me anyway.